November to me feels like a snapshot in time – of patience and a return to our sense of meaning. There is a slowing down that follows the heat of the months before it.
There is nostalgia in the frost on the ground in the dark early mornings. Something honest and timeless flows in the air. It makes you want to open your eyes.
These November affirmations are my tribute to a time of sacred intent and a token of my growing fondness for this time of year, and my growing respect for the journey that links all things. (Maybe the destination is part of the journey, not the other way around. Or, maybe both are true.)
These affirmations are small decisions to carry on with the meaningful and often demanding work you feel called to do. To stay true to the process. To trust that we love what we love for a reason.
The words can be points of clarity, reorganizing your thoughts and returning you to yourself. They can build strength you draw from when you get discouraged or pulled away from what really matters.
So much does our reality revolve around the words with which we choose to describe it.
Short phrases of intent, your November affirmations can help you reframe stress, disappointment, or grief. They can help you process your experiences and emotions instead of shutting the door on them.
I created this specific sequence of affirmations to support where you’re going and how you “get there."
I hope you find something you didn’t know you needed today. I hope you can look back with compassion, turn inward with respect, and move forward with curiosity. Even if it’s just for today.
9 November Affirmations for Perseverance and Being a Work in Progress
1. Life doesn’t owe it to me to turn out how I planned. Still, I can smile. I can listen. I can love.
2. I begin this day with a sense of what’s possible, what’s good, and what’s right in my life.
3. I am proud of my decision to show up for whatever life shows me, however painful or humbling it may be. I am here for everything and nothing less.
4. I embody the work that is most important to me. I bring my intentions into the light. I do not shrink from what I know I can do and who I know I can be. I am not afraid of what I love.
5. I care about my energy, my influence, and my quality of life. How I feel matters, and how I make other people feel matters.
6. I don’t always need to do everything on my own. I was never meant to.
7. It is okay to tend to my own capacity, to do what is right for me, to follow what feels natural and nurturing. My relevance does not hinge on bypassing my own needs or integrity.
8. I would rather look back with compassion than in anger, and look forward with wonder in place of fear.
9. “I have everything I need. From the mountains to the sea, all of this is within me. I have everything I need.” – Trevor Hall
. . .
Which of these affirmations/sentiments speaks to where you are right now?
Tell me in the comments. It means the world and helps us all!
P.S. Want words like these in your inbox? Sign up for Tuesday emails and you'll also get my Healing Brave Manifesto (plus weekly giveaways) totally free.