As the 11th anniversary of my brother’s suicide approaches, I feel a strong urge to reimagine my work and my life.
To help myself gain clarity on what it even is that I want to change (I simply know that I do) I’ve penned some “springtime affirmations” that follow the theme of transformation, movement, hope, and surrender.
Movement: it was the topic of this month’s coaching session with my lovely performance coach, Jen Pearce, and it tied in perfectly with how I’ve been feeling lately. Incredibly enlightening.
I think it’s important to note that if you’re feeling ready for a shift but confused about which direction to go in, that’s okay. It’s okay not to have the answer.
I wrote these springtime affirmations to help encapsulate whatever it is you want to make a reality, even if you only have an inkling of what would bring you joy.
You don’t need to know everything right now; you can start with visualizing how you want to feel in your body, in your work, in your relationships, in your life.
Do you want to feel freedom, joy, expansion, fulfillment, connection?
Start with the feeling and the energy. You will be guided from there. I’ve done it before, the last time I reimagined my writing and work, and it was, in its own way, a sacred experience.
When you release the pressure, let the expectations go, change can be an enjoyable experience. When you strip your image of opinion and remove the labels, you allow the energy of discovery to take up space in your life.
Give your schedule and your mind room to breathe as you figure out what that means for you. Dig in. Take your time. Give yourself a whole season, a whole year if that’s what it takes. We are, each of us, on our own timeline.
In the meantime, may these affirmations inspire you to embrace the unknown and move closer to that which you love.
13 Springtime Affirmations for a Fresh Start in Work & in Life
- I am doing the best that I can with the awareness that I have.
- I let go of what I think should be different. I let it be what it is.
- I am willing to see things differently.
- I am listening to what my heart wants; I trust my heart’s counsel.
- The joy I see in others is possible for me, too.
- My appreciation can turn things around.
- I am open to the magic that each new beginning brings.
- I am connected, right now in this place, to the person I want to be and to the life I want to live.
- I welcome support, wherever it might come from; I am receptive to every source of inspiration.
- All that I need is inside of me, inside of this moment, sustained by this breath.
- My journey is my estate.
- I respect all that I have completed, all that I have still to meet.
- But my heart is not weary, it’s light and it’s free. (Bob Dylan)
Which of these springtime affirmations speaks to you right now, whatever season you’re in? Any others you’d like to share?
Tell me in the comments. Everything you share here is inspiration to me.