WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are stored on your browser, or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device to improve your experience. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and stored in your browser’s cache.
- A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the directions of your web browser.
- A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
- A third-party cookie is placed by someone other than the Site and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are typically a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time set in each third-party cookie.
You can learn more about cookies and how to disable them here. Since disabling cookies may downgrade or disable certain elements of the Site’s functionality, it is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not.
SOCIAL NETWORK WIDGETS
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
I use Google Analytics to help me understand how you use the Site and ways I can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, the pages you visit, and your geographical location. You can learn more about how Google uses data when you use our Site and how to opt out here.
THE TYPES OF COOKIES I USE
- Strictly necessary. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site.
- Functionality. These are used to recognize when you return to the Site. This enables me to personalize my content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Order processing related cookies. This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that I can process it properly.
- Analytical/performance. These allow me to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site. This helps me to improve the performance of the Site, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting and marketing. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. I use this information to make the Site more relevant to your interests. I may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These third-party service providers may use various cookies and similar technology to permit me and them to show you ads on third-party websites.
Third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programs, and data protection rules where applicable. However, the Site does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and practices.
CONSENT, CONTRACT AND LEGITIMATE INTERESTS IN PROCESSING
Certain cookie technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with the Site to perform the services you have requested.
By choosing to use the Site after being notified of my use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
MANAGING COOKIE TECHNOLOGIES
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Please note that if you disable cookies, certain functionality and features of the Site may be disabled and you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
You can learn how to manage cookies on your web browser by following the Browser Cookies Guide.