This page is inspired by what works for me and the way I live after loss. Please, if your pain is too great, speak with your doctor/therapist to find what works for you.
- Helplines & organizations offering support
- Online experiences, talks & podcasts worth a listen
- Coaches, therapists & other mentors I trust
- Digital & physical products to inspire how you take care of yourself
I believe in you. I believe in us. Like my dad once told me, "We rebuild, together."
In an emergency, call 911. You can notify the operator that this is a psychiatric emergency and request an officer trained in crisis intervention.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for 24-hour free & confidential emotional support, prevention & crisis resources.
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741-741 anytime for support from trained, compassionate counselors.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness): text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor & receive free, 24-hour crisis support.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for 24-hour free & confidential treatment referral & information in English or Spanish.
- National Runaway Safeline: call 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to share your story with a compassionate person & build a plan together, or use the online forum or chat service.
- RAINN’s (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) Sexual Assault Hotline: call 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) for 24-hour support.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: call 1−800−799−7233 anytime to talk with a highly-trained advocate or use the online chat feature.
- The Trevor Project: call 1-866-488-7386 anytime or text TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200 for crisis intervention & suicide prevention services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & questioning youth.
- National Eating Disorder Association: call 1-800-931-2237 for support Monday—Thursday, 9 AM to 9 PM & Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Veteran Crisis Line: call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) anytime to connect with a qualified Department of Veterans Affairs responder.
- National Veterans Foundation’s Lifeline: call or text 1-888-777-4443 for support Monday—Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM.
- SAMHSA's Disaster Distress Helpline: call 1-800-985-5990 to be connected to the nearest disaster crisis center for 24-hour information, support & counseling.
Organizations Offering Grief & Mental Health Support
- AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention): raises awareness, funds scientific research & provides resources & aid to those affected by suicide.
- ADAA (Anxiety and Depression Association of America): an international nonprofit membership organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment & cure of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD & co-occurring disorders through education, practice & research.
- NIMH (National Institute for Mental Health): the lead federal agency for research on mental disorders.
- Vibrant Emotional Health: offers emotional support and care through crisis services, community programs in New York, advocacy & education to empower people & change the conversation around mental health.
- To Write Love On Her Arms: a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope & finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury & suicide.
- Active Minds: a nonprofit organization empowering students to speak openly about mental health in order to educate others & encourage help-seeking.
- The Blurt Foundation: a social enterprise that connects & champions those affected by depression, past & present.
- Still Kickin Co.: a nonprofit organization helping awesome people going through awful things. Nora McInerny (founder) also has books, courses, a podcast & cofounded the Hot Young Widows Club.
- The Dinner Party: a community of 20- and 30-somethings who’ve experienced significant loss & connect around potluck dinner parties to talk about it.
- Refuge In Grief: an online community & resource for people surviving some of the hardest experiences & those who want to help.
- Danielle LaPorte: unfiltered insight and hopefulness from suicide survivors & others.
- TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors): offers events, stories & personal support if you're grieving the loss of a military loved one.
- Wounded Warrior Project: a mission to honor & empower wounded warriors by connecting warriors to peers, programs & communities.
- The Real Warriors Campaign: a mission to promote psychological health, reduce the stigma of psychological health concerns & encourage help-seeking behavior for service members, veterans & their families.
Coaches, Therapists & Mentors I Trust
- Brittany Molloy is not only a Holistic Health Counselor, she's my best friend in life. When it comes to living a simpler, healthier philosophy, her real-life support is second to none.
- Jennifer Pearce has been my High Performance Coach for the lifetime of Healing Brave. Her sessions offer a lot of heart, clarity & breakthroughs.
- Kristin Neff's work on self-compassion: pioneering research, workshops, exercises & resources.
- Life, Aligned: Jen is a cyclical living mentor based in the UK who makes lovely eco-friendly planners, prints & cards.
- Lisa Olivera Therapy: An advocate for vulnerability, I started following Lisa online for her compassionate, intelligent messages of hope.
- Danielle LaPorte's work in the realm of practical spirituality & self agency: perspectives, practices & intelligent encouragement.
- The Hay House World Summit: practical spiritual guidance from today’s leading experts.
- The Self-Acceptance Summit: for a life of bravery, compassion & authenticity.
- Best Self World Summit: for living your best life.
- The Meditation and Mindfulness Summit: guided meditations.
- Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Experiences
- The Tapping World Summit: techniques for physical & emotional healing through Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
- Calm: the #1 app for meditation & mindfulness.
- Headspace: another popular app for meditation & mindfulness.
- Commune: a platform offering life-changing courses from world-changing teachers, paid & free.
- The Isolation Journals: a free community where celebrated writers, artists & unsung heroes from all over the world share weekly journal prompts to turn isolation into creative solitude & connection.
- Nora McInerny: We don't "move on" from grief. We move forward with it
- Susan David: The gift and power of emotional courage
- Kevin Briggs: The bridge between suicide and life
- Suleika Jaouad: What almost dying taught me about living
- Terrible, Thanks For Asking with Nora McInerny
- With Love, Danielle with Danielle LaPorte
- The Brendon Show with Brendon Burchard
- Tending Your Life with Christy Tending
My Go-To Products
Some of the following links are affiliate links to things that help me take better care of myself. That means when you click and buy through the links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. The spare change helps me keep this website going. (Thank you.) Here's my full disclosure.
Home & Body Care:
- Thrive Market (better products from responsible brands)
- Youth To The People skin care (get $15 off with this code)
- Mountain Rose Herbs (herbal remedies and inspiration)
- Winged CBD wellness products
- Magnesium oil spray
- Acupressure mat and pillow
- Boar bristle body brush
- Tongue scraper
- Anti-stress eye pillow
- Himalayan salt rock lamps
- Essential oil diffusers: large and medium
Supplements & Nutrition:
- HUM vitamins (use code 23722A for $10 off)
- Moon Juice adaptogenic beauty & well-being
- Charlotte's Web CBD products
- Pukka Herbs Night Time Latte
- Pukka Herbs Turmeric Glow Latte
- Natural Calm Magnesium
- Natural Calm Magnesium Gummies
- Super Greens Drink
- Om Mushroom Superfood Powders
- Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides
- Humm Kombucha
Things I Make:
- Poetry art prints
- Word art prints: quotes & phrases to live by
- Affirmation art prints: hand lettered "I am" phrases to keep you going
- Prayer art prints for personal & universal healing
- Encouragement cards that say "I see you"
- Guided meditations for when you need 30 minutes of peace
- Sleep Affirmations
- Morning Affirmations
- Sleep Rituals
Books by Title:
- The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires, by Jerry and Esther Hicks
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment, by Martin E. P. Seligman
- Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao, by Wayne Dyer
- A Course in Miracles
- Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live, by Daniel Klein
- The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life, by Marianne Williamson
- Go with Your Gut, by Robyn Youkilis
- The Happiness Hypothesis, by by Jonathan Haidt
- Happiness Is a Choice, by Barry Neil Kaufman
- The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching, by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers, by Anne Lamott
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way, by Brendon Burchard
- How Can I Help? by Ram Dass & Paul Gorman
- The How of Happiness, by Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Life’s Golden Ticket, by Brendon Burchard
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- Mindfulness in Plain English, by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- The Motivation Manifesto, by Brendon Burchard
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, by Eckhart Tolle
- Peace is Every Step, by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith, by Anne Lamott
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, by Eckhart Tolle
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles,” by Marianne Williamson
- Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
- Small Victories: Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace, by Anne Lamott
- Stitches: A Handbook on Meaning, Hope and Repair, by Anne Lamott
- Tao Teh Ching, by Lao Tzu, translated by John C. H. Wu
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith, by Anne Lamott
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself, by Michael Singer
- The Women’s Health Big Book of Yoga, by Kathryn Budig
- A Year of Miracles, by Marianne Williamson
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by Swami Satchidananda
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
- You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life, by Rebekah Borucki
If you want to share what works for you, email me and let me know!
Sending you a virtual hug,