If you're wishing for warmer weather right now, read these winter quotes. They'll help you enjoy your season of rest a little more, and live this part of your life with less wishing and more appreciating. This is your life, after all. And it's stunning, your being here at all. Don't forget that.
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
21 Winter Quotes to Reconnect You to This Season's Brilliance
1. “Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so.” – Stanley Crawford
2. “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” – Pietro Aretino
3. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
4. The very fact of snow is such an amazement.” – Roger Ebert
5. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.’” – Lewis Carroll
6. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” – Vista M. Kelly
7. “We are like a snowflake, all different in our own beautiful way.” – Unknown
8. “Kindness is like snow—It beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
9. “One kind word can warm three winter months.” – Japanese proverb
10. “If flowers can teach themselves how to bloom after winter passes, so can you.” – Noor Shirazie
11. “Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.” – John Boswell
12. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov
13. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet
14. “Of winter’s lifeless world each tree Now seems a perfect part; Yet each one holds summer’s secret Deep down within its heart.” – Charles G. Stater
15. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
16. “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” – Victor Hugo
17. “And don’t think the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It’s quiet, but the roots are down there riotous.” – Rumi
18. “The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination.” – Terri Guillemets
19. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
20. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
21. “In the midst of winter I found there was within me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with joy, hope, and purpose beating in your heart, no matter the season and whatever the weather. Get my book Morning Affirmations for light every single morning... especially the cold ones.