In my opinion, if you have depression and you're still here living, doing what you can, you're not only a survivor -- you're one of the strongest people. For the times you don't feel very strong or worthwhile, keep these depression affirmations close to your heart.
Consider these something to hold on to when you've only got a thread of hope left... or what feels like none at all.
You can always change some words to match your experience; I wrote these according to my own.
But know this: while we're not the same person in every or most ways, we're the same in the most essential way.
At the core of you, under the struggle, within that darkness, there's something much more timeless and true than what you're going through.
Breathe into and from that place. Speak to and from this place. These depression affirmations might help.
13 Depression Affirmations for the Toughest Times
1. I am stronger than I feel. I am wiser than I think. I am more valuable than I know.
2. I am part of everything and everything is part of me.
3. This darkness isn't who I am. These feelings aren't who I am. I am the timeless truth underneath everything.
4. I have depression, and I'm stronger than you'd think. There's a marathon in my head and a storm in my heart and an emptiness in my soul, and I'm still here. I am still here.
5. The universe wants to experience itself through me.
6. The way things are right now -- they won't always be this way.
7. I am a survivor.
8. Thoughts are passing clouds, and I am the sky. Feelings are falling leaves, and I am the earth.
9. I am dark and light, earth and sky. I am summer and winter, day and night. Blooming or not, I am the garden in all its stages. I am every phase of the moon, every turning of the tide, every dusk and its dawn. There's more to me than what I see. There is every season inside of me, and I have every reason in the world to be alive.
10. I am allowed to take up space.
11. I belong right here.
Listen to this meditation whenever you need more light.
12. Earth beneath me. Sky above me. Water within me. Air around me. I am okay.
13. I'm not an island. I'm connected even when it feels like I'm on my own. My soul is woven into a network of dark and light, give and take, high and low. I'm made of the same stuff that makes the stars in the sky, that makes the maple tree grow, that makes the wind blow. I'm a walking miracle. I'm a breathing miracle.
. . .
Which of these did you really need today?
Tell me in the comments or send me an email. I'd love to hear from you.
P.S. If you haven't yet, get my Healing Brave Manifesto (it's free) to inspire how you carry on, whatever you've been through.