The scariest part of your dreams is the part before you start. You don’t always need to start with big and bold moves, though... you almost never need to start that way. Read these New Year affirmations to remind yourself, over and over again, that starting small is a good thing. It's all part of the process.
Your vulnerability is courage. It lights the way.
To help you think differently about your dreams:
- Try visualizing the big picture while leaving ample white space for your dreams to take shape with each step you take. You don’t need to take on all the complexity of the outcome. You’ll learn how to do what you want to do -- one task, one day, one step at a time.
- Feel the fear. Acknowledge it. Honor it. It means you're learning, growing, and changing. It's part of the meaningful work.
- Let the story surrounding your fear unravel. Be curious and open towards it without letting it identify you. Drop the story. Drop into the present moment, into your body and breath, into the desire. Repeat whenever the story comes up.
- Take one small step. Open up to the experience of doing this one thing.
Read these words. Let them sink in. Write them down or print them out. Repeat them often. Use them to reconnect with what matters: the desire.
5 New Year Affirmations for Your Big Dreams
1. I am willing to start small.
I am willing to practice the courage it takes to start small with my dreams. Small and steady moves are bold too. I believe in what's possible from this place of faith. I believe in what's possible if I keep going, one small step at a time.
2. I lead with curiosity.
I am curious enough to investigate the wide spectrum of life. My open appreciation is an affirmation of life’s endless generosity and intrigue. My mind is alight with imagination. I keep my heart open to receive as much splendor as I can dream.
This one is from my new book, released last week, Morning Affirmations!
3. I face every fear with compassion.
Fear is only an experience and part of the meaningful work I want to do. I honor this fear and show up fully in this moment to feel it. I let every story in my mind fall away. I breathe deeply, with compassion, because I believe in what I can do from here.
4. I bring joy into the outcome, starting now.
I don’t need everything to be perfect and complete at the beginning. I don’t need to know how everything will work out. I trust that the joy and love I infuse into the journey will find its way to the destination.
5. I am fully present with this one step.
I do my best work when I am fully engaged and present with my work. I release all worry about what’s not right here with me. I focus intently on what I can control. Slowly, steadily, I appreciate the purpose, discomfort, and beauty of this one task.
. . .
What's one small step you can take right now toward your dream?
Tell me in the comments. I ready every single one, and I'd love to know!
Only ever love in this new year,
P.S. Order my new book, Morning Affirmations to help you stay the course of your most heartfelt dreams.