If you’re hungry for joy and low on creativity, these short inspiring messages are for you.
If you know you need more support... like, daily... get my book Morning Affirmations for 200 phrases that'll start your day with intention and gratitude. So you can live your life.
Then get my book Sleep Affirmations for 200 more phrases to help you think better thoughts before bedtime, so you can get the rest you need to rise, shine, and make it through anything.
10 Short Inspiring Messages to Keep You Going with Hope in Your Heart
1. “Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.” – Albert Schweitzer
Trust that there’s a beautiful pattern being laid out.
Trust because your journey is your life and joy is in the journey (not just the destination). How you get to the destination is up to you. And you can always choose again.
2. “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.” – Emily Dickinson
In your deepest struggle lies your greatest strength. Your wounds can become your wisdom. You can turn pain into medicine. You can feel the light sneak through the cracks in your armor. Stay awhile longer and hope. The future listens to hope.
3. Never stop looking up.
Keep looking up: that’s the secret to living a happy and good life. Or, at least, one of the secrets. Maybe not a secret at all. There’s a lot to see and experience in this lifetime. Don’t limit yourself. Look everywhere and be curious about everything.
4. Vow to stop worrying and start loving.
When you stop worrying you can start loving more. If you give doubt and fear less room in your heart to breathe, something else can come in or come forth.
Pause and think about what matters most to you in life. Who matters? What really matters? Prioritize that. Focus on that. Live this moment in accordance with that.
“Quiet the mind and the soul will speak.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
5. Believe it’s possible to be at peace.
The way things are right now isn’t the way they’ll be forever. If you feel stuck, believe it’s possible to feel differently. Believe in possibility itself.
6. Love, not hate.
Rather than be indifferent to the hatred and fear, see if you can love your way through it. Respond with love because that’s what you see is missing.
When you hate something, you chain yourself to it. When you love, you become part of what you love and want to see more of.
7. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – BG
Life is a mystery. Even that can be beautiful.
Believe in your ability to figure things out as you go. Stay open and willing to turn the next page, to read the next chapter without needing a title for it.
8. “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.” – Ernest Hemingway
Maybe you need to be broken open so that the light can get in.
9. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. It is an amazing journey and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
The best day of your life doesn’t have to be a special day of the week or an important anniversary. It’s the day you decide to live a life that feels like your own.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Today, place your attention on what others don’t see. There are flowers, light streaming through the air, light rising from the curtains, people who smile back.
. . .
Which of these messages did you need today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with inspiration in your bones. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. It’s a breath of fresh air… before the world tells you who to be.