20 Quotes to Transform Pain into Power and Wounds into Wisdom
Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher. Read these quotes if you're ready to turn your pain into power, your mistakes into lessons, your doubt into hope. Remember, you can move past what you think your life is supposed to look like, and into the life that's waiting for you.
20 Quotes to Transform Pain into Power, So You Can Bloom from Your Wounds
1. “We are not meant to stay wounded. We are supposed to move through our tragedies and challenges and to help each other move through the many painful episodes of our lives. By remaining stuck in the power of our wounds, we block our own transformation. We overlook the greater gifts inherent in our wounds—the strengths to overcome them and the lessons that we are meant to receive through them. Wounds are the means through which we enter the hearts or other people. They are meant to teach us to become compassionate and wise.” – Caroline Myss
2. “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” – Helen Keller
3. “Transformation literally means going beyond your form.” – Wayne Dyer
4. “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” – Aberjhani
5. “Healing is a return to love. Illness and death are often painful lessons in how much we love, but they are lessons nonetheless. Sometimes it takes the knife that emotionally pierces our heart, to pierce the walls that lie in front of it.” – Marianne Williamson
6. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
7. “Fear occupies the same space as faith. And there’s only room for one.” – Brian Logue
8. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement and acceptance.” – John Lennon
9. “Holding on to pain, anger, guilt or shame is the glue that binds us to the situation we want to escape.” – Iyanla Vanzant
10. “If you can sit with your pain, listen to your pain and respect your pain—in time you will move through your pain.” – Bryant McGill
11. “Transformation is often more about unlearning than learning.” – Richard Rohr
12. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” – Eckhart Tolle
13. “Transformation without work and pain, without suffering, without a sense of loss is just an illusion of true change.” – Wm. Paul Young
14. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” – Ben Okri
15. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “All great spirituality is about what we do with our pain. If we do not transform our pain, we will transmit it to those around us.” – Richard Rohr
17. “Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for.” – Barry Neil Kaufman
18. “Authentic power is building something inside of you, which you cannot lose and that no one can take from you.” – Gary Zukav
19. “Beautiful are those whose brokenness gives birth to transformation and wisdom.” – John Green
20. “The greatest gift we can give to a person in pain is to hold in our own minds the thought that there is a light beyond this darkness.” – Marianne Williamson
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Nights are hard. Get my book Sleep Affirmations if you need more help to make it through this. You might find exactly what you need… or, well, maybe it’ll find you.
Comments on this post (2)
Hi Mitzi, you’re right… there is light to be found, even after all this time, all that darkness. Thanks for being here xo Jen
— Jennifer Williamson
This was great for me I been threw a lot of darkness, Very painful experiences starting in my childhood there is light to be found.
— mitzi kiper