If you’re anything like me, you understand how little self-judgment helps you in the long run. Here are some affirmations for self-worth instead. They’re just as powerful (if not more) than anything that’s kept you small before... and so are you.
“Love is a training in vision, and the more you practice seeing life through the eyes of love, the more you will see beauty everywhere.” — Robert Holden
When we stop judging ourselves so harshly, beauty begins to unfold, inside and out, like the petals of a flower greeted by the morning sun. Truth be told, that’s just not always the easiest switch to make.
It’s quite evident how difficult it is to change the way we see ourselves; just look around and take inventory of all the love and joy that’s being suppressed because people are so afraid to be who they really are. They’re really afraid to show themselves for fear of what others might think.
What if I’m seen? is a terrifying question, depending on who is being asked.
When you adjust to a new view of yourself, however, others tend to follow suit. The really amazing thing isn’t even the fact that your internal state of affairs is reflected in the world around you but that even if unsavory opinions exist “out there,” you’re safe in your own wisdom and worth, “in here.”
Worthiness expresses itself when you choose to do something because that’s who you are, not because that’s what someone else told you to be, and certainly not because that’s who they are. Living from your values, honoring your creativity and individuality without losing yourself in others’, is a sign that you’re honoring your own inherent worth.
You were born worthy, born to live in your own light, born to give the world who you are.
The more you adjust to a loving view of yourself, the easier it becomes to extract the beauty from the world around you. You’re the one fertilizing the beauty and, in some cases, you’re the one planting it. In every case, you become it.
To encourage what a difference you can make in the world, not only “out there” but also “in here,” use your favorite affirmations for self-worth from the collection below. I penned them from love; that’s who I’m deciding to be. That’s a decision available to us all.
18 Affirmations for Self-Worth to Awaken Your True Loving Nature
1. I am so imperfect, and I am okay with that because that makes me interesting and worthy of exploration.
2. I am too full of life to be half loved.
3. I am safe being who I am.
4. Worthy is my name.
5. My presence on this earth, especially my deep presence, makes a difference.
6. My worth isn’t something I need to prove; it’s just who I am.
You’re so beautiful when you’re being true to who you are.
7. I’ve made it this far, and I’m curious to see how far I can go.
8. I can figure out anything my heart tells me I must do, in fact, I’m meant to.
9. I measure my success by how loving and present I can be.
10. My worth is immeasurable.
11. I am learning to enjoy the journey of me.
12. I am too busy falling in love with my life to let comparison distract me.
Living from love, because that’s who you’ve decided to be, takes courage.
13. I am the beauty I have decided to become.
14. In my heart of hearts, I am loved and loving, never without and always at home.
15. I keep discovering new ways of honoring myself and expressing myself.
16. Others’ opinions are reflections of who they are, so I don’t base my self-worth on them.
17. In unloving encounters, I engage my loving ways because that’s who I am.
18. I have precious gifts to give and I am willing to release the jaded beliefs that keep them hidden.
. . .
Which of these affirmations do you need the most today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are, how far you’ve come. Go visit my shop to find the perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.