What you whisper to yourself every day has the power to determine the quality of your life. Train your mind with these words of encouragement and become your own greatest source of courage and hope. You’ll have a strength you can rely on in hard times.
Words of Encouragement for Courage & Strength When You Need It: Things to Say to Yourself
1. I can’t control everything that happens to me, but I can control the way I respond to what happens. In my response is my power.
2. I am the guardian of my mind, body, and soul. I protect myself from negativity. No darkness can dim my light.
3. I am always doing my best, and my best is always getting better.
4. I take my life one step at a time. My next step doesn’t need to be a big one.
5. I don’t need to have all the answers. I have the courage to honor the questions before the answers come.
6. With enough time, effort, and dedication I can learn what I need to succeed.
7. I am strong enough and wise enough to grow from my pain.
8. I can use my mind to generate the feelings I want more of.
9. My dreams are possible and I am capable of living into them.
10. I am more than my small thoughts. I am more than fear and worry. I am so much more.
11. With enough faith, action, and love I can beat doubt, defiance, and division.
12. Reality is bendable to my will. I am responsible for the reality I choose to participate in.
13. I can create real, positive change no matter my current situation.
14. All the resources I need to win are within.
15. I am capable of more than I can even dream.
16. My worth is immeasurable.
17. The purpose of my life is to live — freely, vibrantly, joyously, lovingly.
You’re more than a body, more than a mind. You’re a soul full of stardust and mystery and sometimes that looks and feels a lot like darkness.
. . .
Which of these words of encouragement are you telling yourself?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need more encouragement (and courage)? Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. Or get my book Sleep Affirmations to release the thoughts that keep you down (and up at night).