When Things Are Falling Apart, Read These 10 Notes
When everything feels like it’s falling apart, read this. Sit with your discomfort, and see what's underneath: stillness, where every feeling, thought, and life comes from. This is where you build from. Now, after the pieces are scattered. Here, the best place to be to make something new out of this life.
Things to Remember When Things Are Falling Apart
1. Sometimes your life has to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate you to the place you’re meant to be next.
2. When something shatters, you’re left looking at the broken pieces. You can see how each small piece played a part in the wholeness of the bigger picture. Will you focus on the fall, or walk toward the opening door? Will you pick up the pieces you’d like to keep now, one at a time, and make a new picture?
3. Sometimes things fall apart so that we’ll finally step back and look at the fear, rather than continue to live in it, absorbed by it, believing in the problem. Awareness of our resistance (to living a better life) nudges us higher; we transcend that fear and come to know how much power we hold in our own lives.
4. “The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear, not to merely exist.” — Becca Lee
5. Things may not be working as well as they once did, but you didn't come into this world to sit back and watch the world “go by.” You're here to do something, to make choices, to learn what you want and don’t want, to have preferences and experiences. This all means things must change, they must. You're alive, and so life is responding to your own evolution, to what works for you now, to who you're becoming.
6. "All great change is preceded by chaos." — Deepak Chopra
7. Maybe things are falling apart so you can find, make, give, or receive what you never could have before. You don’t know what you don’t know, and there’s only one way to learn: live.
8. This is a chance to look at the foundation you've built your existence on. What's missing from your structure? Compassion, real connection, authentic expression? What might you be able to build now, from the ground up, to be stronger than it’s ever been?
9. You’re learning how to grow in all the places you never thought you would. You need the dirt and the darkness to find out what it means to finally be in the light.
10. Create something. Create anything. Get into the space of creation, and you’ll come into the space of loving. Making things brings in new energy, new thoughts, new purpose. Creation is your birthright, your bloodline, your contribution to this new life of yours... the one you're building.
. . .
Which of these thoughts did you need to read today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know.
P.S. Not sure how you're going to find your way through this? Keep this poem somewhere you'll see it every day, so you never forget how resilient you can be. How much hope there still is.
Comments on this post (2)
Thank you for this message. I needed this message today. I learned to create. I learned to revaluate my foundation. I learned something new is ahead.
I’ve been going through hard times but what I’ve leant is nothing to be feared