25 Suffering Quotes to Inspire How You Grow Through This
Beautiful people don't just happen. If you're not sure how you're going to make it through this, read these suffering quotes. They'll inspire you to take what you've been given and give back differently. So you can grow through your pain and come out the other side, new.
25 Suffering Quotes to Help You Make It Through & Make Something New
1. “Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.” — Rick Warren
2. “If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion.” — Eckhart Tolle
3. “For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth.” — Zoe Skylar (I think)
4. “To live is to suffer. To survive is to find meaning in the suffering.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
5. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
6. “Faith must be tested, because it can only become your intimate possession through conflict.” — Oswald Chambers
7. “The cavity which suffering carves into our souls will one day also be the receptacle of joy.” — Neal A. Maxwell
8. “The cure for the pain is in the pain.” — Rumi
9. “It’s an awful truth that suffering can deepen us, give a greater lustre to our colours, a richer resonance to our words.” — Anne Rice
10. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller
11. “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” — Jon Kabat-Zinn
12. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” — Maya Angelou
13. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” — John Green
14. “Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace is transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender.” — Eckhart Tolle
15. “Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise.” — Ram Dass
16. “When you feel the suffering of every living thing in your own heart, that is consciousness.” — Bhagavad Gita
17. “Suffering can lead to transformation. And redemption. And marvelous mystery.” — Dr. Allen Hunt
18. “The wound is the place where light enters you.” — Rumi
19. “At heart, the existential depression sufferer is always some form of gifted individual — a poet, artist, philosopher, healer, mystic or sage in the making.” — Aletheia Luna
20. “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” — G. K. Chesterton
21. “I’ve died a thousand deaths, each time reinventing myself brighter, stronger, and purer than before. From the midst of destruction, I became the creator of myself. From the midst of darkness, I became my own source of light.” — Cristen Rodgers
22. “The moment we begin to seek love, love begins to seek us. And to save us.” — Paulo Coelho
23. “Let difficulty transform you. And it will. In my experience, we just need help in learning how not to run away.” — Pema Chödrön
24. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” — Maya Angelou
25. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” — Ben Okri
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are, how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.
Comments on this post (1)
I really believe that ours lives is all about sufferings
— Haj Nhial Simon