Here are some sleep quotes to inspire you tonight, because reading and thinking about something nice will help you sleep better.
And, after all, taking care of yourself is one of the best ways to take care of others.
20 Inspiring Sleep Quotes to Incorporate into Your Bedtime Routine
1. “For the body, first—sleep, and enough of it, is the prime necessity. Enough exercise, and good food and enough, are other necessities. But sleep—good sleep, and enough of it—this is a necessity without which you cannot have the exercise of use, nor the food.” — Edward Everett Hale
2. “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
3. “When I’m worried and cannot sleep I count my blessings instead of sheep.” — Bing Crosby
4. “We read in bed because reading is halfway between life and dreaming.” — Anna Quindlen
5. “The way to a more productive, more inspired, more joyful life is getting enough sleep.” — Arianna Huffington, The Sleep Revolution
6. “If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit.” — Banksy
7. “It’s easier to sleep when you don’t believe in all the negative thoughts you think.” — Jennifer Williamson
6. “When we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another.” — Unknown Author
9. “Sleep might be the most important aspect of building a great business, and having a high-performing body.” — Lewis Howes
10. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” — Irish Proverb
11. “Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains.” — Unknown Author
12. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.” — E. Joseph Cossman
13. “The universality of sleep suggests its origins are as old as animal life on earth, an estimated six hundred million years. It also implies that sleep is more than a creature comfort. It is a requirement for life on this planet.” — Kat Duff, The Secret Life of Sleep
14. “Finish each day before you begin the next, and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” — John Steinbeck
16. “By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” — Arianna Huffington, The Sleep Revolution
17. “Through sleep, you disconnect from the world so that you can reconnect with your soul.” — Jennifer Williamson
18. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” — Mahatma Gandhi
19. “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” — Thomas Dekker
20. “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” — Homer
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Love and moonlight,