Real love feels like freedom and flow and, well, love. Take these real love quotes. They'll inspire you to do things from a place of "already enough," "already so loved." To give what you want to receive, to open your heart and listen when you'd rather walk away. To remember what matters, and why you're here in the first place.
20 Real Love Quotes That Speak the Truth, in Case You Forgot
1. “Unconditional love says, ‘I’m going to love because I am a lover, not because you are lovable.’” — Abraham-Hicks
2. “The only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” — Tony Robbins
3. “When we love more than we’ll ever get back, all we’ll know is love.” — Jennifer Williamson
4. “Real love begins where nothing is expected in return.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
5. “When our minds move in harmony with love—through forgiveness or prayer or the simplest tender thought—then mountains move and the universe shifts.” — Marianne Williamson
6. “The greatest single cause of poor self image is the absence of unconditional love.” — Zig Ziglar
7. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally without expecting anything in return.” — Madonna
“Love in such a way that the person you love feels free.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it is unconditional.” — Stephen Kendrick
10. “If it’s not making you better, it isn’t love. True love makes you more of who you are, not less.” — Mandy Hale
11. “People grow when they are loved well. If you want to help others heal, love them without an agenda.” — Mike McHargue
12. “Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.” — Wes Angelozzi
“There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
14. “To love a person is to see all of their magic, and to remind them of it when they have forgotten.” — Unknown
15. “Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt." — Liam Neeson
16. “Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negations, we are indeed in Heaven.” — Rumi
17. “Unconditional love is being connected to Source in spite of conditions.” — Abraham-Hicks
18. “Do not chase love, Choose love. Do not need love, Share love. Do not fear love, Embrace love. Do not seek love, Become love.” — Creig Crippen
19. “I can say with great certainty and absolute honesty that I did not know what love was until I knew what love was not.” — P.T. Berkey
20. “My faith for a better future is in the people who are turning the idea of unconditional love into a way of life.” — Yung Pueblo
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need some help loving first thing in the morning? Get my book Morning Affirmations and wake up with hope, joy, and purpose beating in your heart. No matter what anyone else says or does. So you can contribute to the world *you* want to live in... a loving one.