These quotes about love are a tribute to you and all the ways you choose to love, even when it’s hard… whenever you can. It's all a practice and a path, and you make love your priority one decision, one breath at a time.
This thing called life on earth? We’re in it together. And it’s not easy, which is why it’s best to go hand in hand, one step at a time. Love: it’s how we make it through.
18 Quotes about Love Being a Journey
1. “Your task is not to see for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
2. “Our real journey in life is interior; it is a matter of growth, deepening, and of an ever greater surrender to the creative action of love and grace in our hearts. Never was it more necessary to respond to that action.” – Thomas Merton
3. “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” – Ursula LeGuin
4. “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
5. “Love is the spirit that motivates the artist’s journey.” – Eric Maisel
6. “Being driven is not the same as being passionate. Passion is a love for the journey. Drive is a need to reach the destination.” – Simon Sinek
7. “Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
6. “To love yourself is a never-ending journey.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Life is a journey and it’s about growing and changing and coming to terms with who and what you are and loving who and what you are.” – Kelly McGillis
10. “To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.” – Anna Louise Strong
11. “I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.” – Leo Buscaglia
12. “Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself.” – Deepak Chopra
13. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” – Marianne Williamson
14. “Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed or teased. It comes out of heaven, unasked and unsought.” – Pearl S. Buck
15. “Love is meant to be an adventure.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
16. “We can only learn to love by loving.” – Iris Murdoch
17. “Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.” – Thomas S. Monson
18. “This itself is the whole of the journey, opening your heart to that which is lovely.” – Buddha
. . .
Which of these quotes about love is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Make love a daily decision and get my book, Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. It’ll be easier to enjoy the little things, give without feeling depleted, and keep your calm. And your life… it’ll be better.