Some quotes about grace: to open you up to a new level of inspiration and, well, grace. This is also a reminder that you don’t always need to handle everything alone. Grace feels like walking hand-in-hand, space for wonder and a deep breath.
Grace isn't something that’s only doled out to the deserving; grace isn't given because you've done something amazing but so that you can do something amazing. Sort of like a miracle (the simple kind that's usually overlooked), grace can come as a change in perception that lets you see bigger and sweeter realities.
And a change in the way you see things one of the greatest gifts of grace you could ever accept.
You're not exempt from forgiveness, grace, and compassion. You're not meant to be “perfect.” You're meant to be human.
Who knows everything, anyway? A little crack in your armor, though painful, might need to happen: that’s how the light gets to grace you where it really counts: the heart.
This is the nature of grace: it always meets us where we most need it. We don't need to deserve anything; we only need to accept what is being given.
When there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the suffering, stay and let things unravel a bit.
Let the illusions and falsehoods—of who you thought you were and what you thought your life was supposed to look like—wear themselves out. Stay a little longer than they do.
You have the courage to let it all unravel.
You might end up finding yourself.
One of my favorite kinds of serendipity is finding grace where I least expected it.
11 Quotes about Grace to Nudge Your Heart Open
1. “I do not at all understand the mystery of grace—only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.” — Ann Lamotte
2. “Grace fills empty spaces, but it can only enter where there is a void to receive it, and it is grace itself which makes this void.” — Simone Weil, Gravity and Grace
3. “To go from feeling so lost that you feel stolen to feeling found, returned, and planted with the ground underneath your feet is a gift beyond understanding.” — Jennifer Williamson
4. “Grace works best on messy people.” — Madyson Grace
5. “You are wrapped in endless, boundless grace… There is more to you than yesterday.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
6. “I give grace because I so desperately need it.” — Lysa Terkeurst 7. “Grace will be sufficient for whatever lies ahead.” — Anne Lamott
8. “Grace is the whisper when you’re standing in front of the dark that says, “I can’t make this less scary for you, but I can remind you that you’ve walked through it before.” — Brene Brown
7. “Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” — Mary Oliver
10. “Shame says that because I am flawed, I am unacceptable. Grace says that though I am flawed, I am cherished.” — Michelle Graham
11. “There’s always another level up. There’s always another ascension. More grace, more light, more generosity, more compassion, more to shed, more to grow.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
12. “Grace upon grace upon grace, until we have made our way home.” — T.B. LaBerge
Leave room for wonder. Space for curiosity. Surrender for repair. Air for nourishment. Time for play. Silence for awe… Necessities for serendipity.
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
Stay a little longer, until you can see things in a different light—where grace can find you.
P.S. Want to fall asleep feeling like you're held by grace, like everything is going to be OK? Get my book Sleep Affirmations for light where you need it most.