Before you cater to everyone else, ask yourself what it is YOU could do today to be at home within yourself. Leave it up to everyone else, and peace seems pie-in-the-sky. Through mindfulness and care, you take back your light. And that’s what coming home (to yourself) feels like: a peaceful strength, a sanctuary.
“Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.” — N.R. Hart
Learning to be easy on yourself—such a gift.
Before the world has a chance to tell you how your day is going to go, tell yourself how you want to feel and live this day.
Instead of looking at emails, text messages, news updates, and social media notifications right away, wake up with your priorities. Ask yourself a few questions, like: “How do I want to feel no matter what happens around me?”
10 Quotes about Coming Home to Yourself
1. “It was when I stopped searching for home within others / and lifted the foundations of home within myself / I found there were no roots more intimate / than those between a mind and body / that have decided to be whole.” — Rupi Kaur
2. “When you belong, you are a natural part of the puzzle. You fit right in as you are. When you conform to gain acceptance, you pretty much have to slice and rearrange bits of yourself to fit into that particular puzzle.” — Kathy Shalhoub
3. “Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance.” — Brené Brown
4. “You being enough is not dependent upon anything, not even your own opinion of yourself. ” — Jennifer Williamson
5. “Home is where you hear love within the stillness.” — Raquel Franco
6. “The only way to get what you really want, is to know what you really want. And the only way to know what you really want, is to know yourself. And the only way to know yourself, is to be yourself. And the only way to be yourself is to listen to your heart.” — Mike Dooley
7. “As you live deeper in the heart, the mirror gets cleaner and cleaner.” — Rumi
8. “Taking care of yourself doesn’t mean ‘me first,’ it means ‘me too.’” — L.R. Knost
9. “And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.’” – Nayyirah Waheed
10. “She needs time, like we all do. Time to be ok with being ok. Because sometimes feeling right, after feeling so wrong for so long, is the hardest thing to get used to.” — JmStorm
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
Belong to yourself. You’re not the thoughts. You’re not the emotions. You are much, much more. Explore.
P.S. Wake up with purpose beating in your heart, before anything or anyone else has a say. Get my book Morning Affirmations for days that feel like yours again.