You’re never truly alone because all life is so intricately connected to the various expressions of itself. You’re part of life and you ARE life. You’re part of the universe that’s also inside of you.
Read these loneliness quotes when you need the reminder.
You belong to everything because you are, at your core, everything.
23 Loneliness Quotes That’ll Remind You: You’re the Earth, the Stars, the Whole Universe
1. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.” — Hafiz of Persia
3. “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless or time, place, and circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle. But it will never break.” — Ancient Chinese Proverb
4. “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” — Johann Wolfgange Von Goethe
5. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
6. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” — Steve Jobs
7. “It’s the rest in a piece of music that gives it resonance and shape.” — Pico Iyer
8. “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” — Mandy Hale
9. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” — Dr. Wayne Dyer
10. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” — Joseph F. Newton Men
11. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
12. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” — Michel de Montaigne
13. “The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
14. “Sometimes I need only to stand where I am to be blessed.” — Mary Oliver
15. “The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.” — Frederick Buechner
16. “Everything amazing about the universe is inside of you, and the two are inseparable.” — Carl Sagan
17. “We all carry, inside us, people who came before us.” — Liam Callanan
18. “If love is universal, no one can be left out.” — Deepak Chopra
19. “Only through our connectedness to others can we really know and enhance the self. And only through working on the self can we begin to enhance our connectedness.” — Harriet Goldhor Lerner
20. “There are as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe.” — Neil Degrasse Tyson
21. “Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.” — Chief Seattle
22. “I am a part of all that I have met.” — Alfred Tennyson
23. “Many people need desperately to receive this message: ‘I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people don’t care about them. You are not alone.'” — Kurt Vonnegut
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know.
P.S. Want to be told that you’re essential, every single night? Get my book Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. It’ll tell you: you’re here and so is everything else. You’re not alone: you’re the whole damn universe.