What was right for you then may not be right for you today. Where you used to be silent, now you speak up. Where you used to be loud, now you're gentle. You're allowed to evolve and expand and subtract from your life whatever isn't true to you anymore. To inspire you do more of that, read these authenticity quotes.
You deserve to be comfortable in your own home, in your own skin, in your own being here. You deserve that, just by being here.
20 Authenticity Quotes for Everything That Works for You, Here, Now
1. “When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.” — Dean Jackson
2. “Authenticity is when you say and do the things you actually believe.” — Simon Sinek
3. “If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” — Brené Brown
4. “Many people think that being spiritual means being positive, but being spiritual means being conscious and aware. To become conscious is a much different thing than to become positive. To become conscious and aware, we must become authentic. Authenticity includes both positive and negative.” — Teal Swan
5. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” — Maya Angelou
6. “Being authentic will radiate more pure energy than trying to be an ideal you.” — Christina Lonsdale
7. “There is absolutely nothing in this world more irresistible than a person who inspires by simply wearing their soul on their sleeve.” — Christopher Poindexter
8. “There’s a difference between caring about what others think and worrying about it. When you care about what other people think, you respect and value their opinion. When you worry about it, you depend on their validation for your worth. So keep caring. Keep treating people like they matter. Just know that you matter too, whether they confirm it or not.” — Lori Deschene
9. “A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.” — Maya Angelou
10. “Everything shifts when you come into harmony with yourself.” — Panache Desai
11. “To become authentic, to be a true individual, we require a thirst for freedom, freedom from the unwise, from psychological traumas, from self-pity, from self-preserving fearful ideas, from primitive instinctual behavior, and from dogmatic beliefs, ideals and values that have been taught to us throughout our entire lives.” — Mateo Sol
12. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” — Brené Brown
13. “What makes you vulnerable makes you beautiful. There’s a word for it… Authentic.” — Tim Brown
14. “It doesn’t matter what everyone else is wearing or eating or watching or buying. Be yourself.” — Joshua Becker
15. “In a world where everyone wears a mask, it’s a privilege to see a soul.” — Unknown
16. “I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.” — Alicia Keys
17. “Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad, because if we are brave enough we can hear our heart’s wisdom through it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always.” — S. C. Lourie
18. “Have you ever watched someone truly be their authentic self? Wow. What a rare beautiful exotic trip.” — Unknown
19. “You know how every once in a while you do something and the little voice inside says, ‘There. That’s it. That’s why you’re here.’ … and you get a warm glow in your heart because you know it’s true? Do more of that.” — Jacob Nordby
20. “This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will take, to be seen as we truly are.” — Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Tell yourself the things you need to hear, every single day. Get my book Morning Affirmations for new thoughts and energy first thing in the morning. Get my book Sleep Affirmations to fall asleep knowing you're exactly who you need to be, here and now, flaws and all.