You don't need to fight your body, or hate your body, or give up on anything. Try these affirmations for healing your body instead. One heartbeat at a time, you can feel better. And the way you speak to yourself, treat yourself, can change everything.
“As a doctor, let me tell you what self-love does: It improves your hearing, your eyesight, lowers your blood pressure, increases pulmonary function, cardiac output, and helps wiring the musculature. So, if we had a rampant epidemic of self-love then our healthcare costs would go down dramatically. So, this isn’t just some little frou-frou new age notion, oh love yourself honey. This is hardcore science.” – Dr. Christiane Northrop, Hungry for Change
22 Affirmations for Healing Your Body and Giving Yourself a Break
1. I am physically and emotionally connected to an abundant source of healing. It's always available to me.
2. As I focus more and more on how I *can* heal, new ideas and inspiration come into my life.
3. I welcome all the ways my body can be healed. I give every opinion and option my open mind. I hold every possibility in my spacious, generous heart.
4. I’m willing to embrace the very parts of me that need love the most right now.
There's healing available to you, but you need to become available to yourself first.
5. I welcome all the people, things, events, and circumstances that will help me heal and grow.
6. I am a priority in my life. My health and healing matter. I’m worthy of a life that feels good to live.
7. I am learning to be at peace with who I am now, and I’m excited about who I can be.
8. Any insecurities I’ve been avoiding and perpetuating, may they be dissolved little by little each time I face them with compassion.
9. I’m ready to release the stories in my head and forgive myself for believing everything my inner critic has ever said.
Your body is the barometer of truth; it knows what's real before any other part of you knows.
10. I’m falling in love with taking care of myself.
11. Every time I think healing thoughts, my body responds in kind.
12. I choose thoughts that feel like love to me.
13. I choose food that nourishes every cell in my body.
14. I treat my body, this temple and this vessel, with respect.
15. The non-physical in me honors the physical me.
“Living in approval of yourself is the antidote to worry.” – Nancy Levin
16. I pay more attention to what I DO like about myself and want for myself.
17. I am dissolving old, painful patterns and letting a new pattern emerge.
18. I know that everything isn’t going to change all at once in a day, but I can make small choices that lead to bigger changes.
19. I can trade one moment of frustration for one moment of peace, one moment of self-defeat for one moment of self-compassion, one moment of negativity for one moment of hope. I heal one moment at a time.
20. I am deciding to get well. I am deciding to be well. There's no other option.
21. Come what may, I can heal.
Befriend your body, and it'll become home to you in a way it never was before.
22. I am grateful for the chance to be alive, and I thank my body for giving me this.
. . .
Which of these affirmations is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Never forget how essential you are, how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop for the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.