Life is a sweet balance of give and take, effort and surrender, dark and light. A dance between making it happen and letting things be. If you want to celebrate being here, no matter what happens, read these spiritual quotes. They'll remind you that the truth of who you are is so much bigger than what happens.
21 Spiritual Quotes to Help You Choose Wonder Over Worry
1. “There is a way of living in the world that is not here, although it seems to be. You do not change appearance, though you smile more frequently. Your forehead is serene; your eyes are quiet.” – A Course In Miracles
2. “Once you realize that the way you exist right now is not enough, that there is something more, your spiritual process has already begun.” – Jaggi Vasudev
3. “I cannot tell you any spiritual truth that deep within you don’t know already. All I can do is remind you of what you have forgotten.” – Eckhart Tolle
4. “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” — Eden Phillpotts
5. “The only journey is the one within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
6. “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand.” – Jiddu Krishnamurtu
8. “You are a piece of creation. If you go against any other piece of creation, you are unknowingly going against yourself.” – Jaggi Vasudev
9. “Holy is the supernatural extra brilliant intelligent kindness of the soul!” – Allen Ginsberg
10. “We are not here to learn. We are here to remember all that we once knew before we arrived.” – Michelle Risi
11. “If there were nothing but thought in you, you wouldn’t even know you are thinking. You would be like a dreamer who doesn’t know he is dreaming. When you know you are dreaming, you are awake within the dream.” – Eckhart Tolle
12. “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
13. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts.” – Marianne Williamson
14. “Man’s goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never extinguished.” – Nelson Mandela
15. “Many people think that being spiritual means being positive, but being spiritual means being conscious and aware. To become conscious is a much different thing than to become positive. To become conscious and aware, we must become authentic. Authenticity includes both positive and negative.” – Teal Swan
16. “The essence of spirituality is, to be constantly aware of the oneness of all; at the same time to celebrate the uniqueness of the individual.” – Jaggi Vasudev
17. “I think a spiritual journey is not so much a journey of discovery. It’s a journey of recovery. It’s a journey of uncovering your own inner nature. It’s already there.” – Billy Corgan
18. “Once you awaken you will have no interest in judging those who sleep.” – James Blanchard
19. “All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
20. “In a deep moment of love, thinking stops. The moment is so intriguing, the moment is so tremendously powerful, the moment is so intensely alive, that thinking stops. You are simply in awe, a great wonder surrounds you.” – Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
21. “The roots of the Divine are entrenched in this body. If you nurture the roots, how can you avoid the flowering?” – Jaggi Vasudev
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Choose wonder over worry... because you're alive. And that's amazing! Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. If you forget what matters or how much of a gift it is to be here at all, you’ll have something to remind you.