There's room enough for everything you feel and everything you are. There's space for doubt and for compassion. If you feel incomplete, you're in the right place to remember your own wholeness. Read these self-acceptance quotes to find your way home, back to your own spacious, generous heart. There's room for you here.
Let go of what you've been holding, the ideas and labels and could-be's. You're learning and unlearning. You're earth and you're sky. All your pieces and unknowns and all those in-between places are part of the path back to your wholeness.
20 Self-Acceptance Quotes, Because You’re Already Whole
1. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” — Brené Brown
2. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise Hay
3. “Accepting yourself is about respecting yourself. It’s about honoring yourself right now, here today, in this moment. Not just who you could become somewhere down the line.” — Kris Carr
4. “Allow yourself to transform as many times as you need to be fully happy and free.” — Young Pueblo
5. “I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to love myself there.” — Rune Lazuli
6. “How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole.” — Carl Jung
7. “When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me.” — Steve Maraboli
8. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” — Rita Mae Brown
9. “I decided that most subversive, revolutionary thing I could do was to show up for my life and not be ashamed.” — Anne Lamott
10. “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we will ever do.” — Brené Brown
11. “The surest way to lose your self-worth is by trying to find it through the eyes of others.” — Becca Lee
12. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” — Maya Angelou
13. “My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws, and to stop this incessant worrying that I can’t be loved as I am.” — Anaïs Nin
14. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” — Andrea Dykstra
15. “Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance.” — Brené Brown
16. “Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.” — Wayne Dyer
17. “You’re here to heal the pieces of yourself into remembrance -- of the wholeness you already are, the wholeness you came from. You're here to forget, so you can feel the bliss of remembering.” — Jennifer Williamson
18. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” — Jessica Ortner
19. “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” — Stephanie Perkins
20. “Instead of trying to mend me, I decided to enjoy me. Instead of trying to solve me, I decided to discover me. It was one of the best decisions of my life.” — S.C. Laurie
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are, how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop for the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.