Above all other voices, listen to your heart. Trust this internal guidance system to lead you down the right path. The more you tune in, the more it’ll tell you: you’re wise, loving, kind, capable. You’ll make it through. With love, you will. By grace, you will.
Don’t let the world silence the whispers of your heart.
If you feel lost, off-course, or disconnected from your intuitive side, read these quotes. Come back to them whenever you need to. They’ll tell you: listen to your heart. It knows the way. (I made a poetry print about that.)
You’re more expansive than you think. You’re wise and loving and kind. And you’ll make it through again.
Need a bit more support? Get this guided meditation my friend and I made together. It's about belonging: to yourself first, everywhere where go. It might be everything you need to hear right now. It's deep, deep love.
Listen to Your Heart, Because It Knows the Way
1. “Intuition literally means learning from within. Most of us were not taught how to use this sense, but all of us know well that ‘gut’ feeling. Learn to trust your inner feeling and it will become stronger. Avoid going against your better judgment or getting talked into things that just don’t feel right.” – Doe Zantamata
2. “Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself.” – Cicero
3. “You have permission to walk away from anything that doesn’t feel right. Trust your instincts and listen to your inner-voice – it’s trying to protect you.” – Bryant McGill
4. “Intuition is the whisper of the soul.” – J. Krishnamurti
5. “The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become.” – Gisele Bundchen
6. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. The rest is secondary.” – SPJ
7. “Good instincts usually tell you what to do before your head has figured it out.” – Michael Burke
8. “Trust your intuition and be guided by love.” – Charles Eisenstein
9. “Your mind knows only somethings. Your inner voice, your instinct, knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path.” – Henry Winkler
10. “When we trust and follow our instincts, we are living authentically. We are making choices that are aligned with who we are.” – Fran Sorin
11. “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” – Albert Einstein
12. “You'll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
13. “Knowing yourself is to be rooted in being, instead of lost in your mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
14. “Follow the tugs that come from the heart. I think that everyone gets these gentle urges and should listen to them. Even if they sound absolutely insane, they may be worth going with.” – Victoria Moran
15. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
16. “Trust thyself. Every heart vibrates to that iron string.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “If you don’t follow your heart, you might spend the rest of your life wishing you had.” – Brigitte Nicole
18. “Listen to your own voice, your own soul; too many people listen to the noise of the world instead of themselves.” – Leon Brown
19. “The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie.” – Karen Moning
20. “Dare to believe that good things are possible when you follow your heart.” – Bryant McGill
21. “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
22. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
23. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” – Lao Tzu
24. “Your treasure house is within; it contains all you'll ever need.” – Baizhang Huaihai
25. “Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World and it will one day return there.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
26. “The Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
27. “Intuition is a method of feeling one’s way intellectually into the inner heart of a thing to locate what is unique and inexpressible in it.” – Henri Bergson
28. “There is an ocean of infinite wisdom in you. Put your hand on your heart and feel it beating.” – Jennifer Williamson
29. “Intuition is seeing with the soul.” – Dean Koontz
30. “Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “I believe in intuition and inspiration… at times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason.” – Albert Einstein
32. “Listen to your intuition. It will tell you everything you need to know.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
35. “You know the truth by the way it feels.” – India Arie
34. “When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it – don’t back down and don’t give up – then you’re going to mystify a lot of folks.” – Bob Dylan
35. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
36. “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to stay.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
37. “There is a voice that doesn’t use word. Listen.” – Rumi
38. “Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.” – Native American Proverb
39. “It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover.” – Henry Poincare
40. “At times you have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
. . .
Which of these quotes did you need to read today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Listen to your heart in the morning… before anyone else tells you how your day is going to go. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. It’ll help you.