Spending time in nature feeds your creativity, washes your worries clean, and nurtures the soul. If you'd like a reminder of all the beauty still left around you, read these nature quotes. This blue and green planet, the dirt and the sky, it's all an extension of you... and you, of it all.
20 Nature Quotes to Refresh Your Spirit
1. “Nature has a great simplicity and therefore a great beauty.” – Richard Feynman
2. “The poetry of earth is never dead.” – John Keats
3. “A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye: looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
5. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” – Rabindranath Tagore
6. “If you truly love Nature, you’ll find beauty everywhere.” – Van Gogh
7. “Nature is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.” – Blaise Pascal
8. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
9. “There is no better designer than nature.” – Alexander McQueen
10. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
11. “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare
13. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
14. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
15. “Hills are always more beautiful than stone buildings.” – Walking Buffalo
16. “The wildness is the preservation of the world.” – Henry David Thoreau
17. “In all things of nature there is something of marvelous.” – Aristotle
18. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Nature puts no question and answers none which we mortals ask. She has long ago taken her resolution.” – Henry David Thoreau
20. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Want to celebrate this season with something you can hold? Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. If you ever forget what a gift it is to be here at all, you'll have something to remind you. Something to hold on to.