In honor of my dad, who passed away two years ago, here are some quotes to remind you that love never dies. Whether or not you've loved and “lost,” these quotes will make you feel... better.
I believe that with real love, every relationship becomes an intimate relationship. Every connection becomes a deepening. In every challenge there's hope. Even death ceases to be an ending.
Even the mundane turns sacred when love is there.
Even my father’s death has become an opportunity to know him better.
I hope these quotes remind you, too, that love never dies. That it might be closer than you think, and it reaches further than you could ever imagine.
15 Quotes to Remind You That Love Never Dies
1. “Time is Too slow for those who Wait, / Too swift for those who Fear, / Too long for those who Grieve, / Too short for those who Rejoice, / But for those who Love, / Time is not.” — Henry Van Dyke
2. “Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.” — Madame de Staël
3. “True love does not just choose one person. When true love is there, you shine like a lamp. You don’t just shine on one person in the room. That light you emit is for everyone in the room. If you really have love in you, everyone around you will profit—not only humans, but animals, plants, and minerals. Love, true love, is that. True love is equanimity.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
4. “Love is the vital core of the soul. And of all you see, only love is infinite.” — Rumi
5. “When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.” – Unknown
6. “But in all of the sadness, when you’re feeling that your heart is empty, and lacking, you’ve got to remember that grief isn’t the absence of love. Grief is the proof that love is still there.” – Tessa Shaffter, Heaven Has No Regrets
7. “Love never dies, and spirit knows no loss. Keep in mind that a broken heart is an open heart.” – Louise Hay & David Kessler, You Can Heal Your Heart
8. “To honor your grief is not self-destructive or harmful, it is life-sustaining and life-giving, and it ultimately leads you back to love again. In this way, love is both the cause and the antidote.” – Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph. D.
7. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
10. “Love is our origin and our final destination. Our spirit was animated by the loving energy of a higher power, and as we release our last breath our spirits will dissipate back into that love.” — Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
11. “Real love takes you from limits of personal love into the immeasurable domain of universal love. Human life is an inner journey from the head to the heart — from separateness to Oneness.” — Anon I mus (Spiritually Anonymous)
12. “There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone the light remains.” — Unknown
13. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.” — Rumi
14. “Love is something eternal—the aspects may change, but not the essence. There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and is a good one, but now it is shedding light, too, and that is its real function.” — Vincent Van Gogh
15. “It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” — E.M. Forster
. . .
Which of these quotes did you need today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know.
With a whole lot of love,
P.S. Need more light today? See what else I've written about loss and possibility. You might find exactly what you need.