If you need more light today and help seeing how you'll make it through, read these letting go quotes. They're a breath of fresh air where you feel stuck, hope for something new when you think all hope is lost. So you can uncage your heart today and give more freely, and receive whatever it is you need.
27 Letting Go Quotes So You Can Start Something New
1. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” ― Deepak Chopra
3. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
4. “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
5. “Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be.” – Alan Watts
6. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
7. “Letting go isn’t about having the courage to release the past; it’s about having the wisdom to embrace the present.” – Steve Maraboli
8. “When you accept change, let go, and free yourself from fear of the unknown, you will begin to see your life as an exciting adventure.” – Joe Keane
9. “Sometimes you just have to make peace with your past in order to keep your future from becoming a constant battle.” – Susan Gale
10. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
11. “Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death.” – Goldie Hawn
12. “Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go.” – Spencer Johnson
13. “We must shift our allegiances from fear to curiosity, from attachment to letting go, from control to trust, and from entitlement to humility.” – Angeles Arrien
14. “But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be.” – Alan Watts
15. “To let go is not to deny but to accept. To let go is to fear less and love more.” – T. Rogers
16. “Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.” – Yoda
17. “The only real difference between Anxiety and Excitement was my willingness to let go of Fear.” – Barbara Brown Taylor
18. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
19. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
20. “If we can just let go and trust that things will work out the way they’re supposed to, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of the freedom it brings becomes more pleasurable than the experience itself.” – Goldie Hawn
21. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
22. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Tao Te Ching
23. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
24. “When we are in the midst of chaos let go of the need to control it. Be awash in it, experience it in that moment, try not to control the outcome but deal with the flow as it comes.” – Leo Babanta
25. “Life is a balance between what we can control and what we can’t. I’m learning to live between effort and surrender.” – Jennifer Pastiloff
26. “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything – anger, anxiety, or possessions – we cannot be free.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “Once you know there are some things you can’t control, you can let go of your obligation to manage the universe.” – Fiona MacNeil
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need help letting go at night? Get my book Sleep Affirmations for a breath of fresh air... for your head. You’ll feel better, and then you'll sleep better. And everything will feel *lighter*.