You’re here and you’re breathing and it’s still your turn. If you feel like there’s no more hope left for you, read these keep going quotes. They’ll help you change the memory of the past and the confusion of the present into new hope for the future.
Where hope is lost, it can be found again. Where love is forgotten, it can be remembered again.
30 Keep Going Quotes to Restore Your Hope
1. “We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we are afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
2. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
3. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. When there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
4. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
5. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.”– William J. Brennan, Jr.
7. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”– Haruki Murakami
6. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
9. “I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.” – Neila Rey
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”– Maya Angelou
11. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” – Randy Pausch
14. “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuller
13. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.”– William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
15. “You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.” – Morgan Wootten
16. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
17. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Henry David Thoreau
18. “Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.” – Ray Bradbury
19 .“We can design our life agendas so that our daily planner is no longer the object of resentment but, rather, a thing of beauty: a stunning log of our enjoyment of life and progress toward freedom and transcendence.” – Brendon Burchard
20. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.” – Gail Sheehy
21. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
22. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
23. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley
24. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
25. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
26. “Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.” – Maxwell Maltz
27. “Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.” – Unknown
28. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
29. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
30. “The one law that does not change is that everything changes, and the hardship I was bearing today was only a breath away from the pleasures I would have tomorrow, and those pleasures would be all the richer because of the memories of this I was enduring.” – Louis L’Amour
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with hope beating in your heart. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. There’s light waiting for you…