Cultivating joy is like planting a seed, and writing is your gardening tool. To water those thoughts and dreams you *do* want to grow, answer these journal prompts for joy. You'll feel better, stronger, more connected to what's possible, rooted in what you love.
These journal prompts for joy will get you thinking about what’s already working, what can be done from this place, and what’s possible in the next place. All worthwhile things to contemplate if you’re ready to feel better.
A little joy goes a long way, after all.
“When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near truth.” — Rumi
10 Journal Prompts for Joy to Get You Thinking & Dreaming & Living the Life You Really Want
1. What’s one thing you can do right now to be more connected to joy?
2. What are three words/phrases that come to mind when you think of joy?
3. What kind of thoughts would your happiest self think? Give three examples.
4. List out ten things that make you feel comforted, present, inspired, and just plain good.
5. What upcoming situation could use a little joy? How can you bring joy into that experience?
6. Describe a time when you discovered beauty where you didn’t expect it.
7. Write two “I am” statements that make you feel powerful.
8. If you could spoil a “good ending” for your younger self, what three things would you tell her/him?
9. Imagine one scene from your perfect day. Write one sentence for each of your five senses.
10. What are two changes you’re excited about? (Forget about the “how” and pretend that anything is possible. Focus on how the change feels.)
. . .
Which of these thoughts did you need to read today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Never forget how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.