If you want inspiration... every single day, make a happiness jar! Fill it with quotes, poetry, affirmations, journal prompts, song lyrics, anything else that makes you feel good. All you need is a jar of your own choosing, scraps of paper and a pen. Here's how I use mine, to inspire your own.
“Energy is the currency of the universe. When you ‘pay’ attention to something, you buy that experience.” — Emily Maroutian
Think about what it'd feel like to live the way *you* want to live. No matter what other people think you "should" be doing. No matter what happens.
A happiness jar can help you feel that way, by inspiring how you live every single day.
Here's how it works:
- Drop a note into the jar when something positive happens. You fill it with memories, things you're grateful for, things you're excited about. AND/OR: Drop in a bunch of notes all at the same time, at the end or beginning of the year or each season.
- Pull from the jar whenever you could use some light. AND/OR: Dump out the contents of the jar at the end of the year and sift through the past year's thoughts and memories.
Your happiness jar is a source of daily inspiration, gratitude, and hope. Here's what I'm putting in mine this year, to inspire what's going in yours.
What's in My Happiness Jar for 2018, to Inspire Yours
- What would Love do?
- Everything speaks if you listen. (Listen.)
- Are you affirming what you want?
- Ponder the blessings that await you…
- How do you want to feel?
- What might peace look like, sound like, and feel like today?
- You can think of two moments you’re grateful for.
- What can you give today?
- You are permitted to dream beautiful things.
- How can you role model the energy you wish the world had?
Poetry & Quotes
- The world spins so you don’t have to.
- “The best you can do is forgive.” — Traveling Wilburys
- Such simple things say, “Beauty is right here.”
- The light is eternally tangled up in darkness. Leave space for both.
- “Still, I rise.” — Maya Angelou
- “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” — Charles Bukowski
- The deeper I am, the deeper I Am.
- “The cure for pain is in the pain.” — Rumi
- Everything you love is only a heartbeat away. Every day is just one day.
- “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” —Annie Dillard
A lifetime isn't long enough to do anything other than what your heart tells you to do.
- You are getting closer to who you’ve always been.
- You’re a light; don’t be afraid to be who you are.
- It is well, even when it’s not.
- You have the courage to let the illusions unravel.
- You can start late, look different, be uncertain, and still succeed.
- You are already contributing to the world by how you live.
- Try to wish for what you have, already, inside.
- You have come so far.
- The mystery is half the fun of it.
- Rise above your doubt, my friend: You’re so much bigger than that.
You have a say in how joyful life feels.
. . .
What are you putting in your happiness jar?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Tell yourself the things you need to hear, every single day. For more ideas, get my book Morning Affirmations for hope and possibility first thing in the morning. Get my book Sleep Affirmations to fall asleep knowing you're exactly where you need to be. Feels so good.