If you'd rather grow through what you're going through, read these growth quotes. They'll remind you of your own potential and of how strong you can be, even when you don't feel it. You're strong enough to live a life that you're proud of, no matter what happens to (or for) you.
33 Growth Quotes, Because You Can Make It Through This
1. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John Maxwell
3. “Failure is not to be feared. It is from failure that most growth comes.” – Dee Hock
4. “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
5. “I’ve come to trust not that events will always unfold exactly as I want, but that I will be fine wither way. The challenges we face in life are always lessons that serve our soul’s growth.” – Marianne Williamson
6. “You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “All growth depends upon activity.” – Calvin Coolidge
8. “Don’t push growth; remove the factors limiting growth.” – Peter Senge
9. “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Mandy Hale
10. “Your curiosity is your growth point. Always.” – Danielle LaPorte
11. “There are moments where you stop living, if you stop changing, and if you stop seeking growth of some sort.” – Octavia Spencer
12. “Growth happens in the valleys. Not on the mountaintops.” –Kenneth Manesse Sr.
13. “Personal growth is not a matter of learning new information but of unlearning old limits. – Alan Cohen
14. “The tiny seed knew that in order to grow, it needed to be dropped in dirt, covered with darkness, and struggle to reach the light.” – Sandra Kring
15. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
16. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsh
17. “All change is preceded by crisis.” – Soren Kierkegaard
18. “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” – Chinese proverb
19. “Healing comes when we choose to walk away from darkness and move towards a brighter light.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
20. “Don’t go through life, grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
21. “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” – James Cash Penney
22. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
23. “The goal is not to change who you are but to become more of who you are at your best.” – Sally Hogshead
24. “The only journey is the journey within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
25. “All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.” – Henry Miller
26. “Life is not without pain and travail. They are necessary to new awareness which prompt growth.” – Kitt Weagant
27. “What is the most rigorous law of our being? Growth.” – Mark Twain
28. “The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
29. “There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience and that is not learning from experience.” – Archibald Mcleish
30. “Personal growth means choosing to remain open and receive the lessons we are given: choosing to learn from whatever comes our way.” – Dr. Christina Hibbert
31. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
32. “Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Newman
33. “Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there.” – Judith Viorst
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Never forget how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.