How would it feel to be openly yourself? To say no when a "yes" doesn't serve you? Sometimes, growth feels like letting go. Read these freedom quotes to get back home, back to heart, back to how you want your life to really feel.
Your life *should* be full of what's important to you. It's your life, after all.
I hope these freedom quotes inspire you to let go of what doesn't feel right anymore. So you can feel free inside, and move forward in that freedom.
30 Freedom Quotes to Make Your Life Feel Like It's Your Own
1. “True freedom is an inward state of being. Once it is attained, no situation in the world can bind one or limit one’s freedom.” – Jack Canfield
2. “The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.” – Jim Morrison
3. “Freedom requires responsibility to choose who we are above and beyond our immediate impulses, needs, and social pressures.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
4. “To feel that inner calm with one-self is the truest gift of happiness.” – Calvin Dillard
5. “Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.” – Unknown
6. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Ghandi
7. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
8. “Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.” – Moshe Dayan
9. “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man’s life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.” – Albert Einstein
10. “You belong somewhere you feel free.” – Tom Petty
11. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
12. “One of the symptoms of being free is you begin to dream.” – Danny Silk
13. “The ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us.” – Stephen Covey
14. “I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “And so at the base of all of our desires is the greater desire for freedom to choose and actualize that desire.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
16. “Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.” – Voltaire
17. “The moment you can visualize being free from the things that hold you back you have indeed begun to set yourself free.” – Unknown
18. “The great efforts to move our lives forward always come down to a new moment when we interrupt our fear and activate our freedom by choosing how to feel, interpret, and direct our lives.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
19. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
20. “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
21. “I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people’s lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life.” – Melody Beattie
22. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” – Rumi
23. “The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
24. “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau
25. “You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.” – Philip Arnold
26. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.” – Ralph Marston
27. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
28. “The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
29. “Most of us can only influence small-scale things – but this is no limitation. One deed inspires another.” – Christopher Day
30. “The greatest of human freedoms is the ability to choose, at any moment, the palette of our emotional sky. We alone activate the very energy and emotion through which we experience life. If we wish to feel joy and gratitude in our lives, then we must direct our beliefs and behaviors in order to accomplish that end. And we must do it constantly, with such force and repetition that those emotions become the hues of our daily attitude. This is not easy work, but let it be our mission.” – Brendon Burchard
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Do more than just make it by. BE on purpose. Get my book Morning Affirmations for hope and possibility first thing in the morning. So you can feel free in your own skin. You deserve that much.