There’s a certain kind of magic in the morning, and it’s no wonder why: it’s the perfect time and place to start new. Start your day with these favorite morning affirmations. So you can feel the way you want to feel, before anything or anyone else has a say.
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
Everything begins with just one thought.
How to use these affirmations:
- Choose statements that resonate with you. If the affirmations feel out of reach or untrue, make some adjustments. Incorporate the word “willing” or "trying." The affirmation must be believable at your core in order to spark positive change.
- Affirm in the first-person, present tense. Instead of “I will,” start your affirmation with "I am," "I can," "I am learning how..."
- Adapt the phrase to this day. What qualities do you want to cultivate today
- Mean what you say. Really feel the meaning of the words as you think, write, speak, and visualize them coming to fruition. Accept it as your truth.
- Repeat often. Repeat each affirmation three times in the morning. Use them again during the day as needed. The more often you use affirmations, the more your brain will seek information and opportunities to support what you’re affirming.
5 of My Favorite Morning Affirmations to Generate Positive Momentum Every Day
1. Thank you.
Before you even let yourself get out of bed in the morning, feel the gratitude... for something, anything.
Here are a few variations you might like:
- I appreciate those I love and who love me.
- I appreciate everyone who has entered my life and shaped my present.
- I appreciate everything that brought me to this moment, where all change is possible.
- I am grateful to be alive, breathing, and experiencing life as only I can.
- I am thankful for this new day, another chance, a fresh beginning.
- My blessings are stronger than my problems.
- I am grateful.
- Thank you, universe, for supporting me in ways I can’t even understand.
- Thank you for giving me another day to bring joy to the world.
- Thank you.
Wake up with 'thank you' on your lips, and life will offer many more reasons for thanks.
2. I choose love.
Unloving things happen all of the time, but it’s your decision whether you fuel the cycle of unhappiness, feed the fears, or make a stand for peace by being that peace.
Personalize your love:
- I choose compassion over bitterness.
- I choose forgiveness over resentment.
- I am capable of transforming negative experiences into opportunities to love.
- I prioritize the thoughts that make me feel good.
- I am practicing patience with others and events because it fuels my joy.
- My heart is open enough to receive love in any scenario.
- Love needs no defense, so I don’t contribute to attack thoughts.
- I am consciously being a more loving person.
- I choose love.
- I AM love.
Devoting yourself to Love first supports and guides you in every other devotion.
3. I am enough.
Be gentle. When you work from a foundation of “enoughness,” everything you do becomes infused with more sincerity and joy, and the world around you adjusts.
If this one's hard for you, work your way up to it:
- I am willing to love and accept myself.
- I am willing to love my body for the life it allows me to experience.
- I am learning to love myself.
- Piece by piece, I accept myself as whole at my core.
- I am worthy of happiness, and I’m meant to be a bigger source of joy for the world.
- I am worthy of love, and I’m loved, because I am alive.
- I am more than my thoughts, pain, and past.
- I am in the process of forgiving myself for anything that didn’t make me feel joyous to be alive.
- All that I need, though it might not have manifested yet, is inside of me and available to me.
- I am enough.
You were born into this world to give love a voice, and you are already enough.
4. I can forgive.
Forgiveness is a balm for the past. It lets you live more fully in the present, where all positive change is possible.
Try any of these:
- I am willing to forgive others for their trespasses.
- I am learning to forgive myself for everything.
- I am willing to let go of past hurts and reorganize my thoughts to see present possibilities.
- I am willing to change the way I look at things.
- I can always change my mind; it takes no time at all, only a deep awareness.
- I am looking for the good in everyone, the light in every dark place, and the gem underneath the rubble. I know it’s there, even if it’s buried from sight.
- I am creating a future that’s unlike the past, and more like the present moment.
5. I trust life.
A little trust goes a very long way. Trust opens doors that you didn’t see before, because your focus isn’t narrowed and constricted, but spacious.
- The universe has my back.
- The universe is conspiring on behalf of the highest good of all.
- Life isn’t just happening to me; it’s happening FOR me.
- I can trust in the process even when I don’t understand it.
- I am willing to shift my perspective and experience something new.
- Something wonderful is on its way.
- I attract exactly what I need for my growth and ultimate happiness.
- I live in the present moment, where all possibility lives.
- I trust life.
The morning presents is a sacred time for living the kind of life you'd hoped for.
. . .
Which of these affirmations most resonates with you right now?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with joy, hope, and purpose beating in your heart every single morning. Get my book Morning Affirmations so you can feel the way *you* want to feel. This is your LIFE, after all.