30 Eckhart Tolle Quotes for Peace Right Here, Even After Everything
For the kind of wisdom that only comes from someone who "walks their talk," read these Eckhart Tolle quotes. The man's words will encourage you to stop fighting against what you don't like. And instead, witness it, allow it, and turn it into something else. Something like peace, right in the middle of everything.
30 Eckhart Tolle Quotes to Help You Turn Pain Into Peace, Right Here
1. “Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now. And that’s the revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now.” — Eckhart Tolle
2. “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.” — Eckhart Tolle
3. “Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace is transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender.” — Eckhart Tolle
4. “Stress is caused by being 'here' but wanting to be 'there.'” - Eckhart Tolle
5. “Life will give you whatever experience is the most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
6. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” — Eckhart Tolle
7. “Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness.” — Eckhart Tolle
8. “Being must be felt. It can’t be thought.” - Eckhart Tolle
9. “Stop looking for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love—you have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” — Eckhart Tolle
10. “To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.” — Eckhart Tolle
11. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
12. “Your inner purpose is to awaken. It is as simple as that. You share that purpose with every other person on the planet—because it is the purpose of humanity.” — Eckhart Tolle
13. “Worry pretends to be necessary, but serves no useful purpose.” - Eckhart Tolle
14. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.” — Eckhart Tolle
15. “The past has no power to stop you from being present now. Only your grievance about the past can do that. And what is a grievance? The baggage of old thought and emotion.” — Eckhart Tolle
16. “You do not need to always conceptualize, interpret or label everything that comes into your awareness.” — Eckhart Tolle
17. “Gratitude is an essential part of being present. When you go deeply into the present, gratitude arises spontaneously.” — Eckhart Tolle
18. “Doing is never enough if you neglect Being.” - Eckhart Tolle
19. “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.” — Eckhart Tolle
20. “Always say ‘yes’ to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” — Eckhart Tolle
21. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” — Eckhart Tolle
22. “All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry—all forms of fear—are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.” — Eckhart Tolle
23. “You create a good future by creating a good present.” - Eckhart Tolle
24. “Unhappiness is created whenever you are out of alignment with the present moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
25. “The past gives you an identity and the future holds the promise of salvation, of fulfillment in whatever form. Both are illusions.” — Eckhart Tolle
26. “Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.” — Eckhart Tolle
27. “It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world.” - Eckhart Tolle
28. “Time isn’t precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is.” — Eckhart Tolle
29. “Above all, the only thing you have to heal is the present thought. Get that right and the whole picture will change into one of harmony and joy.” — Eckhart Tolle
30. “A vital question to ask yourself frequently is: What is my relationship to the present moment?” — Eckhart Tolle
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Feel better about where you are with my book Sleep Affirmations. No matter what you've been through. No matter what needs to change. You'll get light where you need it most. And you’ll feel… better.
Comments on this post (1)
“It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.” — Eckhart Tolle