22 Earth Day Quotes to Celebrate Your Connection to Everything
Words can only point to the miracle of being alive. If you want more wonder in your life, read these Earth Day quotes. And then go outside to appreciate the miracle it is that we're all here on this blue and green planet, together. Stop long enough to let nature reveal its wonder, and your own, to you.
22 Earth Day Quotes to Celebrate Your Being Here
1. “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” – Galileo Galilei
2. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” – John Ruskin
3. “Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own; and from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, is but a succession of changes so gentle and easy, that we can scarcely mark their progress.” – Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby
4. “Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?” – Neltje Blanchan
5. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
6. “People are as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, ‘Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” – Carl Rogers
7. “… I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.” – Ram Dass
8. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of this moment.” – Rumi
9. “Science reveals that all life on Earth is one.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
10. “Our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies.” – Nicola Tesla
11. “Apprentice yourself to nature. Not a day will pass without her opening a new and wondrous world of experience to learn from and enjoy.” – Richard W. Langer
12. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
13. “Every child is born a naturalist. His eyes are, by nature, open to the glories of the stars, the beauty of the flowers, and the mystery of life.” – Rita Ghatourey
14. “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
15. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. Let them be your only diet drink and botanical medicines… Let Nature do your bottling and your preserving.” – Henry David Thoreau, The Heart of Thoreau’s Journals
16. “Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
17. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Kahlil Gibran
18. "The earth has its music for those who will listen." – George Santayana
19. “When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.” – John Muir
20. “Do not feel lonely; the entire universe is inside you.”
21. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
22. “. . . a leaf, a drop, a crystal, a moment of time is related to the whole, and partakes of the perfection of the whole. Each particle is a microcosm, and faithfully renders the likeness of the world.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Want to celebrate your existence with something you can hold? Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. If you forget what matters or how much of a gift it is to be here at all, you’ll have something to remind you.
Leave a comment