And if today you could use more light, read these depression quotes from souls who understand. There's room for you here, a place under the sky, under the stars and on the earth that brought you here... on purpose.
20 Depression Quotes to Plant Hope in the Dark Soil Where Your Soul Is Growing
1. “Healing begins when we bring the lies we’ve believed out of the darkness.” — Hope Prevails, by Dr. Michelle Bengston
2. “Instead of saying ‘I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues’ say ‘I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.’” — Horacio Jones
3. “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.” — Juliette Lewis
4. “One day it may feel like you’ve got this recovery thing down and you’re on track and then the next day your emotions may feel like a total war zone and back to square one. This can make it feel like things will never get better. But that’s not how recovery works. Recovery is lined with both setbacks and victories but overall we progress. One step at a time, one realization at a time, one session at a time, one prayer at a time, one break-down and bound-back at a time, we progress. So keep going. Remember each day you can start over. Every morning we get a new shot to put the sorrows of yesterday behind us and try again with new persistence. So you had a rough day. You can try again tomorrow.” — Brittney Moses
5. “I’ve found that recovery means being honest. About what I want. What I need. What I feel. Who I am.” — Anonymous
6. “I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” — Hafiz of Shiraz
7. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” — J.K. Rowling
8. “Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers.” — Niti Majethia
9. “When we deny the story, it defines us. When we own the story, we can write a brave new ending.” — Brené Brown
10. “To be worthy does not mean to be perfect.” — Gerrit W. Gong
11. “You’re not gonna want to hear this, but I’ll say it anyway: it’s the sad days, the long ones that feel like they’ll never end, that reveal the person buried beneath all that charade. It’s the sorrow that shapes us, the heartache, and how we respond. We are created by what we endure.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
12. “… and here you are living despite it all.” — Rupi Kaur
13. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but actually you’ve been planted.” — Christine Caine
14. “We are all broken… that’s how the light gets in.” — Ernest Hemingway
15. “When inquiry is alive inside you, every thought you think ends with a question mark, not a period. And that is the end of suffering.” — Byron Katie
16. “You’re not a victim for sharing your story. You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage.” — Alex Elle
17. “Be softer with you. You are a breathing thing. A memory to someone. A home to a life.” — Nayyirah Waheed
18. “Once the shadow is embraced, it can be healed. When it is healed it becomes Love.” — Debbie Ford
19. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” — Emery Lord
20. “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.” — Sophia Bush
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know.
And if nobody's told you lately, how incredible you are for being here, living through it all, let me tell you. Get my Healing Brave Manifesto for hope and courage where you need it most. Because you're healing. And that's just so stunning.
All my love,