What if you were the healer you have been searching for? The body is a miraculous thing, in that it is equipped with intuitive self-healing mechanisms that allow us to breathe, break and repair. Try these body positive affirmations to reconnect with your amazing nature.
Your hands are for helping and creating, your arms for embracing. Your feet are for feeling the earth beneath you, your legs for visiting new places. Your heart is for giving and receiving love and life. Your head is for thinking of new ways to live.
Life energy breathes through every cell of your body, each one rooting for you and working together to give you a trillion reasons to be here. This is no accident. Your body is a precious expression of an otherwise invisible miracle. Enjoy yourself—you are here.
It’s a miracle just to be here, alive and breathing. Whether well or unwell, every experience has brought me to the realization that my body is capable of amazing things—regardless of what I think about it.
Since the body responds to the way we treat it, wouldn’t it be nice to experiment with some positive self-talk? Just to see what happens? If we open up to the fact that it’s incredible just to be alive, we might find new things to appreciate about being here, as we are, flaws and aches and all.
Though it might feel strange or silly to start telling yourself nice things, self-acceptance is something that you can do to improve your life and the lives of all those around you. Giving your body an occasional loving glance is akin to loving life, and it’s hard not to approach more areas of your life with a tint of that love.
Just wondering, here: why is it so strange and silly to tell yourself nice things? I think it’s only because we’re not used to it. If that’s the case, that’s just a habit and, thankfully, habits can be changed.
Withholding self-love is withholding love, and that’s not what love is for—that’s just not what love is.
Since loving your body is part of loving yourself, which is part of loving life, here are 10 body positive affirmations to help you start and maintain a beautiful habit that benefits everyone.
Love leaves nobody out. Not even you. Not even me.
10 Body Positive Affirmations for a Better Life
1. My body is a self-healing miracle and a precious gift of expression.
2. I can be patient with myself. I am worth the investment.
3. I can learn to accept the parts of myself that I don’t like—this is how I grow.
4. I am okay as I am right now, which frees me to change from a place of already-enough—this is how I create change that feels good and lasts.
Treat your body like your friend, and that's what your body will become.
5. I don’t love myself “only,” “when,” or “if” something else validates my worthiness. I approve of myself right here and now.
6. I don’t believe in any reason not to appreciate being alive. Any reason why I couldn’t love myself before is the reason to love myself more.
7. It’s easier for everyone else to love me when I am loving towards myself. The more I love my body, the more I see how loved I am.
8. I feed my body like I am nourishing my entire existence. I move like I am exercising my gratitude for the life energy coursing through me. Every breath is a prayer. Every smile is a blessing.
Loving yourself connects you to your natural inborn wisdom and from that intuitive place, you can make better decisions about how you live.
9. I am lovable enough to love my body. There’s no love to earn, only love to tap into.
10. I can love my way through every change I want to make—this is how I flourish.
. . .
Which of these affirmations do you need the most right now?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Want a poem like this on your wall or desk, so you never forget how amazing you are? Go visit my shop and pick your favorite.