As the trees start to let go of their leaves, invite wonder back into your heart. For a start, read these autumn quotes. Change can be beautiful, full of hope and the magic of a new beginning. Honor this time and take your time. Feel the spirit of the season living through you.
26 Autumn Quotes to Celebrate the Magic of Something New
1. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler
2. “And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” – Meister Eckhart
3. “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” – Louis L’Amour
4. “Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.” – Elizabeth Lawrence
5. “I see the turning of a leaf dancing in the autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when the day is done.” – Hazelmarie Mattie Elliott
6. “Just before the death of flowers, and before they are buried in snow, there comes a festival season when nature is aglow.” – Unknown
7. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Elliot
8. “We all change colors and lose our leaves… then we bloom again.” – Maria Lago
9. “Autumn is an artist who uses an oak leaf on which to paint a masterpiece.” – William Allen Ward
10. “Dancing of the autumn leaves on the surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
11. “Inside of us, there’s a continual autumn. Our leaves fall and are blown out over the water.” – Rumi
12. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
13. “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.” – Stanley Horowitz
14. “Though a tree grow ever so high, the falling leaves return to the root.” – Malay proverb
15. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
16. “Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
17. “The tints of autumn… a mighty flower garden blossoming under the spell of the enchanter, Frost.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
18. “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” – Shira Tamir
19. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
20. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
21. “Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of completion; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance. What man can stand with Autumn on a hilltop and fail to see the span of his world and the substance of the rolling hills that reach to the far horizon?” – Hal Borland
22. “Autumn is the hush before winter.” – French proverb
23. “Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under harvest skies.” – Sharon Kay Penman
24. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery
25. “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” – John Burroughs
26. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.” – Hal Borland
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Enjoy each season of your life. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. You’ll wake up with hope, purpose, and joy. And life will be… better.