Affirming something positive helps you fend off destructive and worried thoughts — the ones that are, way more often than not, inaccurate.
Read these affirmations for anxiety to help you transform painful thoughts into productive thoughts — the kind that make the best use of the present moment.
“Find something that makes you happy and think about it a lot.” — Abraham-Hicks
If you’re interested in the healing power of scent, combine your new affirmation with these essential oils to calm and uplift: orange, bergamot, frankincense, ylang ylang, vetiver, roman chamomile, or lavender.
Take what you need here. Use it today to feel better, connected, supported.
For more (daily) support in the morning and at night, get my books Morning Affirmations and Sleep Affirmations. Start the day with hope in your heart and end it feeling in love with your life... no matter what happens.
15 Empowering Affirmations for Anxiety
1. I cannot control everything because that is not my job.
2. I am not reduced by what happens to me, and I cannot be defined by any worried thoughts.
3. Whatever I do today, it is enough. And so am I. And so it is.
4. I trust in a higher process and an intelligent source to handle what is not mine to handle.
5. I am receptive to the peace of a grateful heart.
“Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” — Kahlil Gibran
6. Fear can be transformed into something else because I am an alchemist.
7. I am allowed to believe in something that feels better.
8. I am just in the process of stepping into my next level of growth and power.
9. I am open to all the ways the universe wants to bless me.
10. I breathe healing light and space down into my belly. (From Eva at Anxious Relief)
“Things are far more beautiful when the universe arranges them for you.” — Jai Jagdeesh
11. I was born to stand in the light.
12. Every deep breath is a gift of divine support.
13. Something good is working on my behalf.
14. I am connected to something larger than myself.
15. Thoughts are passing clouds and I am the sky… or… Thoughts are falling leaves and I am the earth.
. . .
Which of these affirmations do you need the most today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need to keep the stress at bay, like, every single day? Get my book Morning Affirmations to wake up with hope in your heart (instead of anxiety). And get my book Sleep Affirmations so you can fall asleep easier, without all those crazy thoughts keeping you up.