What feels like the end of the world is a path to something brand new. If you're ready to stop fighting everything that happens so you can flow and grow, read these quotes about patience. Sometimes, a “no” just means “not now” or “wait, there’s something better for you.”
If you want a daily reminder to enjoy life (like, really feel it in your bones) then get this affirmation print. Take your steps slowly. You're right on time.
21 Quotes about Patience, So You Can Feel Good as You Flow Forward
1. “Be patient when it seems things are not going right and may never be right again. Accept that what is yours will come to you in the right way at just the right moment.” – Iyanla Vanzant
2. “Patience is not the ability to wait. Waiting is a fact of life. Patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
3. “The moon and the sun learned long ago that, if each patiently waits its turn, they will both have their chance to shine.” – Unknown
4. “Genius is eternal patience.” – Michelangelo
5. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
6. “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” – David Allen
7. “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.” – Rumi
8. “I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work.” – Greg Behrendt
9. “Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far.” – Swahili Proverb
10. “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.” – A Course in Miracles
11. “Patience is not passive waiting. Patience is active acceptance of the process required to attain your goals and dreams.” – Ray Davis
12. “Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.” – Mother Teresa
13. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
14. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” – Daisaku Ikeda
15. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – St. Augustine
16. “To be patient means to suffer something that hinders or hurts us, and still retain our self-composure. How many difficulties, with their consequent unpleasantness and discord, could be smoothed over and almost entirely eliminated by patience. Patience always elevates and strengthens our character. We need it not only with others, but also with ourselves.” – Swami Chinmayananda
17. “Patience and time do more than strength or passion.” – Jean de La Fontaine
18. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
19. “Be patient. Life will offer you another chance as soon as you find calm within, for abundance is born out of calmness.” – Leon Brown
20. “I believe in hope. I believe in believing. Believing that there is light through all this darkness.” – Lynn Knowlton
21. “Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Never forget how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.