Waterfalls start with a small stream. Remember that when you feel like you’re behind or not making a big enough difference. Rivers don’t crash and rush all the way to the sea. Think about that when the world feels like too much. And if you feel like you’re not enough, or too much? Read these water quotes. You’ll feel better.
Water is a teacher, a healer, a mirror.
If you look closely enough, you’ll see yourself in these water quotes. You’ll see the turbulence in the world, the calm in your soul, the river of life moving through you.
28 Water Quotes to Inspire Your Day
1. “I have seen the sea when it is storm and wild; when it is quiet and serene when it is dark and moody. And in all these moods, I see myself.” – Martin Buxbaum
2. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” – Heraclitus
3. “A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
2. “Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle.” – Crystal Middlemas
5. “I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.” – John O’Donohue
6. “A Woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.” – Maya Angelou
5. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” – A. A. Milne
8. “Surrender to the flow of the River of Life, yet do not float down the river like a leaf or a log. While neither attempting to resist life nor to hurry it, become the rudder and use your energy to correct your course to avoid the whirlpools and undertow.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
9. “You swam in a river of chance and coincidence. You clung to the happiest accidents—the rest you let float by.” – David Wroblewski
8. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” – Loren Eiseley
11. “I understand that everything is connected, that all roads meet, and that all rivers flow into the same sea.” – Paulo Coelho
12. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
13. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
14. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” – Rumi
15. “Wondering if you are Love is like the ocean wondering if it is water.” – Unknown
16. “Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing Life force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.” – Danielle LaPorte
17. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zan
18. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
19. “Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.” – Lau Tzu
20. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” – Christopher Morley
21. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
22. “A drop of water, if it could write out its own history, would explain the universe to us.” – Lucy Larcom
23. “River is time in water; as it came, still so it flows, yet never is the same.” – Barten Holyday
24. “The wave does not need to die to become water. She is already water.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.” – Jacques Cousteau
26. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” – Rumi
27. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” – Sylvia Earle
28. “When I sit here by the sea and listen to the sound of waves, I feel free from all obligations and people of this world.” – Henry Thoreau
. . .
Which of these water quotes speaks to you most?
Tell me in the comments. I read and respond to every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need a nightly reminder of your own worth, wonder and power? Buy my book, Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. You’ll sleep better too (obviously).