If you want to turn your stress into something that feels lighter, read these summer quotes. They'll help you find the beauty tucked away in the nooks and crannies of your life. The kind of beauty that other people don't even notice. The kind that makes you stop and breathe, and fall in love with being alive again.
30 Summer Quotes to Encourage You to Enjoy the Gifts of the Season
1. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?” – John Steinbeck
2. “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” – Rachel Carson
3. “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain and starry nights.” – Brooke Hampton
4. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
5. “My dear, In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that… In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back." - Albert Camus
6. “Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for.” – Unknown
7. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
8. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, Drink the wild air’s salubrity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Merlin’s Song
9. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
10. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” – Wyland
11. “There shall be an eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
12. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru, as quoted in Building A Life Of Value
13. “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
14. “If we attract what we focus on most intently, I do believe I’ll keep focusing on how summer feels on my soul.” – Jennifer Williamson
15. “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
16. “The cure for anything is salt water — sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
17. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
18. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.” – William C. Hannan
19. “A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” – Saint Francis of Assisi
20. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
21. “I just don’t think I’m looking for the big moments in life anymore. It’s more the simple ones that make for a beautiful day now. Like the sun rising and the moon dancing and the wind singing and the leaves grooving, and kids laughing and music playing, butterflies twirling, heart-smiles staying… and me being present to witness all these little beautiful things. This is what makes for a happy and peaceful life, I’m sure.” – S. C. Laurie
22. “Never, ever underestimate the importance of having fun.” – Randy Pausch
23. “Laughter is the fireworks of the soul.” – Josh Billings
24. “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths it has its pearls too.” – Vincent van Gogh
25. “Enlightenment for a wave in the ocean is the moment the wave realizes that it is the ocean.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
26. “To sit in silence at the shore, watch the waves and hear the surf, is to appreciate the very breath and heartbeat of the earth.” – Doe Zantamata
27. “Nature has much to teach us about fluidity and transformation.” – Carl Greer
28. “The feeling state of summertime is a sweet serendipity: finding something beautiful without striving or struggling to find it.” – Jennifer Williamson
29. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
30. “The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live my dear, not to merely exist.” – Becca Lee
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Want to celebrate this season with something you can hold? Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. If you ever forget what a gift it is to be here at all, you'll have something to remind you. Something to hold on to.