Life is beautiful… even after everything. Sometimes you need to look harder to see the beauty. If you’re barely making it through today, read these quotes about life. Your resilience (and the fact that you’re still here, even after everything) is a kind of beautiful too.
Have you read the Healing Brave Manifesto yet? It's free... it's about how resilient you are.
31 Quotes about Life and the Beauty That’s in Everything
1. “When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
2. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
3. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” – John Lubbock
5. “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.” – Camille Pissaro
6. “Beauty is how you feel on the inside and it reflects in your eyes.” – Sophia Loren
7. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
6. “Where there is love there is life.” – Gandhi
9. “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
10. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
11. “Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and look up at the stars.” – Henry Van Dyke
12. “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone see it.” – Confucius
13. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” – Marianne Williamson, Return to Love
14. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
15. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
16. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkles and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
17. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Rossre
18. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” – Proverb
19. “I do not believe this darkness will endure.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
20. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
21. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
22. “The very center of your heart is where life begins — the most beautiful place on earth.” – Rumi
23. “Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life…” – Snoopy
24. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
25. “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” – Marianne Williamson
26. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
27. “Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.” – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
28. “Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “Keep smiling, because life’s beautiful and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
30. “In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
31. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
. . .
Which of these quotes about life is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need a reminder of life’s beauty… every single day? Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. You might even see your own beauty.