When you see that the light filtering through the clouds is also in you, you’ll know: you can’t lose what’s inside. You can’t lose who you are. So, let your light shine. Be the sun in someone else’s storm. It’s part of why you’re here.
There’s light buried in your soul: the same light that gives life to everything around you.
When you see yourself in everything, in the light rising through the curtains and the stars studded in the sky, the world is a brighter place.
Things are a little less… dark. You remember how strong and resilient you are. Because: you’re life, you’re here, and you’ve got stardust in you.
So, when life feels too hard and the world feels hopeless, take heart. The best gift you can give everyone around you is your own courage to shine, to help, to rise, to be true to who you want to be, to love: even still.
Take heart, because what’s inside is the most powerful force in the universe. Call it light, call it potential, call it whatever feels right to you.
Then read these quotes.
And let your light shine the way toward a life that feels like it’s meant for you.
25 Quotes to Let Your Light Shine, with Purpose and Passion
1. “The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
2. “Simply shine your light on the road ahead, and you are helping others to see their way out of darkness.” – Katrina Mayer
3. “Small lights have a way of being seen in a dark world.” – Neal A. Maxwell
4. “You playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so others won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
5. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
6. “Do not allow others to diminish your light due to their own fears and insecurities. Instead, let your light shine so brightly, that you illuminate a pathway for others to find their way out of the darkness!” – Dr. Stacey A. Maxwell, Peace Love Wings
7. “Let your light shine today, and let your personality blossom, too. You don’t have to be a people-pleaser, just a people-lover.” – Beth Moore
8. “Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – Unknown
7. “Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.” – A Course in Miracles
10. “Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow.” – Thomas S. Monson
11. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
12. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
13. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
14. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to the shining—they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
15. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
16. “The darkness around us might somewhat light up if we would first practice using the light we have in the place we are.” – Henry S. Haskins
17. “Stars don’t shine because they want to be seen. They shine because they are stars.” – Alexander Den Heijer
18. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” – Mahatma Gandhi
19. “Your work is to discover who you are and then with all your heart give your light to the world.” – Jennifer Williamson
20. “If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself.” – Thomas S. Monson
21. “When you possess light within, you see it externally." – Anaïs Nin
22. “Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.” – Richard Bach
23. “Be aware that who you are and what you have to offer can be a beacon to some lost soul.” – Iyanla Vanzant
24. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” – Hafiz
25. “Accept your light and let it shine to create your own lighthouse on a stormy night.” – Pauline Duncan-Thrasher
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
You’re a light. Remember that. Let that sink into your heart, your life. See what it means, and how it feels, to live into that truth. Other people won’t be able to help but notice you.
P.S. Need more light in your life? Get my book, Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. Match your self-talk with how you want to feel. Because: you deserve to feel lighter.