Your strength isn't in feeling strong, but in showing up anyway. There's value in facing your fear, feeling the pain, and respecting the struggle. There's strength in your hope and grace in your resilience. Read these quotes about strength to feel stronger than you do.
20 Quotes about Strength to Support Your Innate Power to Pick a New Thought
1. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
2. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.” – Ernest Hemingway
4. “Grief is a nasty game of feeling the weakest you have ever felt and morphing it into the strongest person you will have to become.” – Windgate Lane
5. “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller
6. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change.” – Brené Brown
7. “You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” – The Wizard of Oz
8. “Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.” – Margaret Shepard
9. “Other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.” – Rick Warren
10. “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.” – Sigmund Freud
11. “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they are never weakness.” – Brené Brown
12. “Open your hands, if you want to be held.” – Rumi
13. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
14. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
15. “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
16. “It’s OK if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” – Collette Werden
17. “Your wholeness depends on the alliance of all aspects of your story, not just the good times. You can’t pick and choose which experiences support your evolution. You must pick them all.” – Jennifer Williamson
18. “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” – Dolly Parton
19. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
20. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Not sure how you're going to find your way through this? Keep this poem somewhere you'll see it every day, so you never forget how resilient you can be. How much hope there still is.