If you want to move past your mistakes, but you're not sure how, read these quotes about mistakes. They'll remind you that you're more than what happened to you. That you're human and imperfect and born for everything: every up and down, left and right, setback and comeback.
30 Quotes about Mistakes, Because It's All Experience
1. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Mistakes are inevitable. The comeback is more important than the setback.” – Unknown
4. “Learn from your history but don’t live in it.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
5. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Groucho Marx
6. “Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.” – Edmund Burke
7. “To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all.” – Peter McWilliams
8. “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” – James Joyce
9. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams
10. “It’s always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then your mistakes seem worthwhile.” – Gary Marshall
11. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. In which case, you’ve failed by default.” – J.K. Rowling
“Every mistake adds marginally to your wisdom bank.” – M.K. Soni
13. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
14. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one .” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “Admitting our mistakes is a sign of maturity and wisdom. We learn more from knowing our mistakes.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
16. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
17. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
18. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” – Phyllis Theroux
19. “We are human. We are not perfect. We are alive. We try things. We make mistakes. We stumble. We rise again. We try again. We keep learning. We keep growing. And we are thankful for this priceless opportunity called life.” – Unknown
20. “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde
21. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
22. “I’ve learned so much from my mistakes… I’m thinking of making a few more.” – Unknown
23. “Mistakes fail in their mission of helping the person who blames them on the other fellow.” – Henry Haskins
24. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
25. “By seeking and blundering we learn.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
26. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.” – Henry Ford
28. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
29. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
30. “There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they’re necessary to reach the places we’ve chosen to go.” – Richard Bach
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Need help letting go at night? Two things. Get my book Sleep Rituals for 100 at-home practices to help you unwind and regroup. *Or* get my book Sleep Affirmations to feel better about where you're at, and who you are.