Healing takes time, and you walk that path in your own way. Not because someone else told you what healing looks like for them, but because your heart showed you what it feels like for you.
Read these quotes about healing for proof that you're on the right track. Proof that even laughter and tears can keep the hope alive.
27 Quotes about Healing Your Whole Self, Your Own Way
1. “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you — all of the expectations, all of the beliefs — and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
2. “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
3. “All healing is first a healing of the heart.” – Carl Townsend
4. “Often what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place.” – Karen Salmansohn
5. “Healing doesn’t usually spring up instantaneously, instead it manifests itself in small yet delightful doses of “normal.”” – Unknown
6. “Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf.” – Jonatan Martensson
7. “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” – Hippocrates
8. “We may walk different paths, but our destination is the same… The Light.” – Gannon Carr
9. “Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.” – Jerry Cantrell
10. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H.Humphrey
11. “I’m touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful–collecting these shards of spirituality–that we may be helping to bring about a healing.” – Leonard Nimoy
12. “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary Zukav
13. “Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono
14. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” – Rumi
15. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
16. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
17. “Humor is healing.” – Brad Garrett
18. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity.” – Billy Joel
19. “There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.” – Harry Crews
20. “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
21. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
22. “Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.” – Melody Beattie
23. “Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.” – Phyllis McGinley
24. “Healing the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow.” – Zhi Gang Sha
25. “Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
26. “Healing requires from us not to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” – Darina Stoyanova
27. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Para
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Bring your healing home. Get my book Sleep Affirmations with 200 phrases that guide you closer to your own heart. Or, get my book Sleep Rituals with 100 practices that make you feel at home inside.