Balance isn’t about perfect harmony all of the time but learning to identify patterns that bring about unbalances and to continuously be aligning your head and heart. To encourage your patient evolution and explorations: these quotes about balance.
“My prayer for you is peace, which is something you have to make. You can’t just have it.” — Tayari Jones
Balance isn’t necessarily about how much time and energy you devote to each area of your life but also the harmony that exists between what you think, say, and do. That internal harmony might feel like clarity, happiness, peace, or fulfillment, and it certainly helps curb burnout.
The more in tune you are with yourself and your experience of life, the easier it is to notice when you start to feel unbalanced or off, and the more resilient you will become as you engage those practices and decisions that harmonize you.
Sometimes it’s easy to know when you’re living life all “in your head,” for instance, and you need more breaks. Other times, everything seems like a bundle of chaos and it’s a challenge to distinguish the cause or the next best step.
A few practices and decisions that help keep me balanced: a strict routine; meditation and mindfulness practices; and verbalizing my feelings with honesty.
Balance is not about the hours you spend but the harmony you feel.
Like any intimate relationship, balance requires constant care and nourishment. As the seasons of your life change, so do your needs. Every wind, every rainfall, every heartache unbalances your life and likely calls for a different level of care or a new approach entirely.
If you know you’re needing a little more harmony inside and out, may these quotes about balance deliver a touch of guidance and hope on your journey “back home.”
Quotes about Balance to Bring You Back Home
1. “When you are in harmony with yourself everything unfolds with grace and ease.” — Panache Desai
2. “Balance is the key to everything. What we do, think, say, eat, feel, they all require awareness, and through this awareness we can grow.” — Koi Fresco
3. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” — Mahatma Gandhi
4. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.” — Marcus Aurelius
5. “Extremes are easy. Strive for balance.” — Colin Wright
6. “If someone asks you to do more and you have a big reaction inside, it may be a sign that you’re already doing too much. Even strong, independent, hard-working people have limits and deserve to rest. Doing your best is a wonderful thing, but doing all you possibly can for as long as you possibly can will eventually lead to burning out and feeling unappreciated by the people around you.” — Doe Zantamata
7. “Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.” — Dodinsky
8. “Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.” — Rumi
9. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” — Alan Cohen
10. “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” — Betsy Jacobson
11. “To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.” — Lao Tzu
12. “What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness? — John Steinbeck
13. “Yoga is a dance between control and surrender—between pushing and letting go—and when to push and when to let go becomes part of the creative process, part of the open-ended exploration of your being.” — Joel Kramer
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
What helps you feel balanced when life is crazy?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Harmony is available to you; sometimes you just need to rearrange the pieces of the puzzle.
P.S. Need to stop taking stress to bed with you? Get my book Sleep Rituals for 100 easy at-home practices that you'll love coming home to. It's all about you + the present moment.