It's precious, always there for you, offering you an endless reservoir of support. The present moment is the best place to start anything new or reframe something old. Read these presence quotes and turn them into art by making them part of your reality.
“Drink from the well of your self and begin again.” — Charles Bukowski
In a world of racing thoughts, deadlines, and masks, it’s nice to come home to yourself in the cradle of the present moment.
Here are some presence quotes I collected to help you tap into this one precious moment, and see that power doesn't lie in changing the past but in empowering the present.
It seems to me that our best bet for living a miraculous life is to make the best and most positive use of the present.
11 Presence Quotes to Elicit Beauty, Peace, Appreciation & Inner Fulfillment Right Here
1. “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. A little parenthesis in eternity” — Paulo Coelho
2. “Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
3. “Engage with the struggles and crappy situations of life as an opportunity to challenge yourself to be present, to be better, to grow.” - Brendon Burchard
4. “A moment comes when the true self reveals itself. That moment comes when you are willing to be unconditionally present in the imperfection of this moment. A simple change of attitude; instead of chasing after perfection, you allow a total and profound surrendering to the imperfection of the moment.” — Tyohar
5. “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope. In such an event, courage is the authentic form taken by love.” — Thomas Merton
6. “Ah,” I smiled. “I’m not really here to keep you from freaking out. I’m here to be with you while you freak out, or grieve or laugh or suffer or sing. It is a ministry of presence. It is showing up with a loving heart.” — Kate Braestrup
5. “Each small task of everyday life is part of the total harmony of the universe.” — Saint Therese of Lisiuex
8. “In the marshes the buckbean has lifted its feathery mist of flower spikes above the bed of trefoil leaves. The fimbriated flowers are a miracle of workmanship and every blossom exhibits an exquisite disorder of ragged petals finer than lace. But one needs a lens to judge of their beauty: it lies hidden from the power of our eyes, and menyanthes must have bloomed and passed a million times before there came any to perceive and salute her loveliness. The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” — Eden Phillpotts, “A Shadow Passes”
9. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” — Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
10. “When we’re together, paying attention is the most basic and profound expression of love—in a moment when you offer attention, real listening, real presence—in that moment, the heart naturally opens. This is the most basic training in awakening our hearts: Mindful attention. Just being there.” — Tarah Brach
11. “Don’t be troubled because of the mountain tops you have yet to touch. Like a tree, you will grow, not from the sky, but from the ground up.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Want to embrace this season and trust where you are? Get my book Sleep Affirmations to help you sink into the present moment. You’ll sleep, and feel… better.