A son’s first hero and a daughter’s first love… that’s what a gift a great father is to his children. These Father’s Day quotes are in honor of the man you miss so much it hurts, but whose love and light will forever guide your way.
Losing my father is a weight I’ll carry forever. But I learned some things…
You can still learn from his wisdom.
You’ll keep learning how every moment of excruciating pain is an invitation to turn it into medicine. You do that through love. Only love.
You know you’ll never be the same again. Nor should you. Joy and love and gratefulness are part of your life, but so are loss and heartache.
No matter how much grief pulls, you’ll learn that love never dies. It won’t be a logical conclusion, but something you know deep down in your heart. In silence and still moments, you’ll know.
“The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
In the end, the one thing that does last? Love. Always love.
22 Father’s Day Quotes for Fathers Who Have Passed
1. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh
2. “My appreciation for my father’s greatness cannot be measured.” – Jennifer Williamson
3. “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
4. “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” – Unknown
5. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine Francois Prevost
6. “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
7. “Say not in grief: ‘He is no more,’ but live in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
8. “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.” – Jennifer Williamson
9. “Although our lives’ journeys have bid us to be apart, I am with you, you are with me, always in our hearts.” – Carolyn Ferreira
8. “Love has no age, no limit; and no death.” – John Galsworthy
11. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco
12. “There is no expiration date on the love between a father and his child.” – Jennifer Williamson
13. “You have been there for me, no matter what bad choices I might have made… you lovingly repaired my broken spirit, helped me plot a new course, and set me free to fly on my own once again. There is no greater love than that. You will always be special to me, and no matter where life takes me, I’ll remember you with love.” – Marilyn K. Deacon
14. “A father's love is forever imprinted on his child's heart.” – Jennifer Williamson
15. “I love my father as the stars—he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Adabella Radici
16. “He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
17. “May each tear and each fond memory be a note of love rising to meet you.” – Jennifer Williamson
18. “You will always be in my heart… because in there you’re still alive.” – Jamie Cirello
19. “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
20. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
21. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” – Unknown
22. “Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side.” – Jennifer Williamson
. . .
Which of these Father’s Day quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know.
Even when it feels like you’re walking all by yourself, you’re not. There’s love for you everywhere, in everything.
With so much love,
P.S. Nights can be hard. To help you through them, gift yourself a copy of my book, Sleep Affirmations: 200 Phrases for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. You’ll find hope and healing on every page.